• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Old guys with cool cars

70 sport WA

I agree, it tends to be us "geezers" with the cool old cars. Not always, but usually.

The difference is it tends (or more accurately possible) to be plural. I'm 41 and have three of these cool old trucks...only had one when I was 17 :)

Nightstick

Bronco guy
It woulda been a little cooler if it was 4wd, but it wasn't. However it did have a wooden flat-bed along with bald mudders on the back/street tires on the front. I was fighting the ladies off with a stick lemme tell ya!!!

rudy16

I'm 23 as and have a few nice old Fords that I myself bought and am fortunate to work a lot of overtime to be able to afford so chalk another one up for the young guys w/ cool cars.

OUMX117

Loc.
Edmond, OK
I'm 25 and have only recently been able to join the "Cool Car" club. Through HS and College I drove a 97 chevy Z71 that had 263K miles on it by the time I graduated. Stay in school kids... It pays off.

Edit: And stay out of debt. That is one thing that will forever prevent you from getting ahead. If you see my signature you'll see that I don't have a brand new $45k truck. Could I afford one? Yes. Do I NEED one? No. Am I glad I don't have an $800 per month payment for a vehicle? Absolutely.

This is just my opinion and is probably not worth much, but it has worked for me so far.

Stoneman

Loc.
Silver Spring, MD
I am 39 and just got my first "cool car". I was the kid who looked at magazines at the cool cars and hoped one day I would have the means to get one. It was a long time coming, but persistence and hard work does pay.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
My father in-law before he passed, said that when he retired he would go to silver dollar city and set up a booth. He planned on showing everyone how to make change and do long division ;D

Ben

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
I must be going in the wrong direction. I had three cool cars when I was 24. A 75 EB, 67 GTO and a 77 Corvette. Now at 52 I only have an old F150. Amazing how raising a family can change your priorities. OUMX117 made a great point. Stay out of debt! I learned this the hard way:(:(