• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

One piece floor replacement question

nsdq3

I have a wild horses 4x4 floor replacement heading my way as all my front floor and cross braces are shot.

My question is what order do I proceed to not destroy the relationship between the front and rear.

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
Subscribed. I'm at this point too. Just finished putting fenders, top, hood, grill all back on to keep things together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

nsdq3

I have braced the b pillars together and ran two braces from there to the cowl.

Guess I will weld a brace between the frame rails in front of the cowl and run a steel tube up from that and weld in the the front of the firewall.

Clueless how to keep the rear of the truck at the right height when the floor is removed.

cldonley

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Robinson, TX
I welded braces from the cowl to the inside top rail of the bed, between the door hinge post and the striker post, and side to side on the top bed rail.

If you are still bolted to the frame and you should be fine on height, but I would recommend replacing body bushings before you start cutting panels out, that way you have a consistent height front to back. You'll want to replace body bushings in front while you have the floors out, so you'll want to have matching bushings front to back when you weld it back together.

I also measured between the cowl and floor at the cross member to make sure that dimension remained the same.

I removed inner and outer rockers, front floor pans, tunnel and platform. Put all back together with screws, measured one million times, welded it up and it all fit, doors close well. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.;)