• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Outdoor waterproof cover for 1966 Roadster

twoshoes69

Contributor
I've seen a few older posts on the same topic but looking for any newer experience. Need an outdoor waterproof cover to EB for when rain showers pop up. I have long term storage but don't want to be running back and forth every time it sprinkles or hunting around for a tarp. Cal covers and seal skin covers are pricey but might be worth it. Any experience here? Thanks!

nsiti

I'd love to know the answer to this too. I have a topless 77 Bronco with roll cage and would like to buy a half cover for when it rains. Thanks!

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I have a Seal Skin cover on my '65 Mustang that I unfortunately have to leave parked outside on my driveway. Seems to keep it dry in the rain, but after sitting outside in the sun for a year, it's completely faded. I don't know if that indicates overall quality, but it seems ridiculous that the navy blue cover is now gray after less than a year in the sun.

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
I have a seal skin cover for a bronco, if I ever have to leave it outside. My 86 BMW sits under one all the time and I also keep one on my VW Bus. Seal skin covers seem to be great but @thegreatjustino is right, they seem to fade over time. One of the models you can buy is white tho and shouldn't fade too bad, can't remember if its the best or second best on their site.

Major Tom

Contributor
@Major Tom do you have a full cover or just a cover for the bed area? I can't remember.
I have both , a trail cover like the picture and a full cover. the full cover is just for indoors and I would not intended for out door rain

Attachments

• slant2.jpg
    slant2.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 3

Major Tom

Contributor
not going to sell , the trail cover is no longer being made from my understanding

don k

Contributor
Form fitting seal skin cover. Sent it back and the one they then sent was worse than this. I had hell getting my money back. Read reviews before buying from them.
IMG_3130.JPG IMG_3131.JPG

Major Tom

Contributor
this is my cover for indoors , It is suppose to be water proof ,but I never tested it . the brand is duck covers I have a roadster with a basic rone loop roll bar . a good fit

Attachments

• cover 1.jpg
    cover 1.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 6
  • cover 2.jpg
    cover 2.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 7
  • cover 3.jpg
    cover 3.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 7