• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Posted! New 3 arm wiper set up...& it will also work on top with 2 wipers.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, all I can say is... About time Chris!! Hah! Just kidding a little, but some of us have definitely been waiting for you to post up some pics. Didn't realize you were waiting to do a whole Tech Article about it. No wonder it took so long.
I'll go check it out now.

Thanks

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Lot of work, but it looks like it came out great! Have you had any rain yet? Any kids in the neighborhood that want to take a hose to your Bronco (for testing purposes only, of course)?
Here's hoping for rain!

Thanks again.

Paul

getfuzzy

Very cool Idea. I like it! Give some feed back after we get some rain.

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
Looks good, i think i saw a article a long while back with somthing similar just never saw any reviews after a rain. let us know.

OP
OP
taipeichris

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Hi Guys,

I completed the install last January and I did get to use it in the rain, it worked great.

I'll see if I can post a video of it with the garden hose on it.

Also, I'm really curious to see how it does in the snow.

Thanks for the postivie feed back, at the time my friends thought I was crazy.
Chris

OP
OP
taipeichris

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Emailed you.

This kit will work at the stock location with 2 wiper arms.

All the parts are available to purchase new but you will need to fab a metal housing if you mount the wiper motor in the passenger cold air vent location.

Thanks again!
Chris

red hot71

Loc.
kent wash.
I used this same wiper kit but used the stock wiper location, mounting the motor on the driver side kick panel.It didn't interfer with driver air box,but the stock e-brake maybe a problem(looking at it I'd say its 90% chance it doesn't matter),mine has a front roll bar loop so my e-brake was moved to under the dash and is a hand pull brake so it didn't matter.The way I found out about this set-up was a article written in 4wd sport utility/november 1993,not being a computer wiz if you google, 66-77 bronco wiper upgrade, it will take you to a reprint of this article writen by Doc Frohmader and gives you step by step. The only changes I made was in figure 13 it shows the motor clock up and down,mine was clock forward to clear the air box and there a fuse panel (aftermarket) which isn't there on mine.Also figure 14 shows the completed set-up run across the windshield frame,on the left side the radius bend of the tube is the hardest part to do right (if I did it again I install the cable in the tube before bending)also the tube from the right wiper is short,I bought some 3/8 fuel line and extended it all the way to the right drilling a hole into the windshield frame to hide the end,one last thing before flaring the tube I used black shrink rap to dress up the tubing.The best thing about this set-up is the roll bar clearence you gain by moving everything forward.

OP
OP
taipeichris

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Redhot71,
Can you post some pics of the system on the top of the frame? Or email them to me and I'll try to post them. I really like the clearance on the top of the frame too. Great idea on the black shrink wrap to dress up the tubing. I want to make a small sheet metal cover to completely hide the linkage too.

Chris
taipeichris13@yahoo.com