• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear seat frame, should I have it powder coated?

Okbroncoman

What are the pro's and con's of having it powder coated?

Got a quote for $75.00, sandblasted and powder coated?
Is that good or to high?

Thanks brent

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
75 is reasonable. You won't find someone to paint it with urethane for that and it's far more durable. If you can do more parts the cost per item comes down

Tonka7777

Loc.
Greenville
I had one done for $100 and it came out great.

Attachments

• DSCN3827.jpg
    DSCN3827.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN3828.jpg
    DSCN3828.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 19

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'd jump right on at $75 bucks. Around here they'd charge that much just for the blasting.
Hopefully they're knowledgeable about stuff though, and not just hacks taking your money.

I think the seat frames are one of those things that can just be rattle-canned and nobody would be upset. Plenty of us have gone that route. But a nice powder job is going to stay looking good a lot longer and be more durable.

Paul

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I rattle canned my rear seat frame 30 years ago and still looks great. Powder coat would be killer though.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Yes. Well worth it since all you gotta do is drop it off and pick up the next day. Keep in mind you can barter a lil bit, cash talks!