• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Repro metal heater control valve leaking

Joe473

Anyone have issues with a new repro metal heater control valve leaking? Just noticed mine sprayed down the top of the Engine on a 100 mile road trip.

Idled forever no issues. Temp stayed normal at 200 with 195 thermostat driving down highway so didn't think there was an issue until I got home and opened hood.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SHX669

Bronco Guru
If you replace the control valve go with the composite material one.

OP
OP
J

Joe473

I had the end blow off one of those and went back to an all metal. Seems they all have problems. :(
Thanks guys that's what I was wondering if one is better than the others. The metal one is leaking from the shaft nit hose connections and curious if plastic version is any better.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Did you find out if it was just a bad valve (replaced with another metal one) or another solution?

P.S. who was the manufacturer of each valve that has been defective? It helps us to avoid those in the future.

OP
OP
J

Joe473

This one one of the metal reproduction valves our vendors sell. For right now I bypassed to make sure I don't have something else going on as well. Haven't had a chance yet but was going to see what options are available from napa and rock auto

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I used the more expensive plastic valve from NAPA it has held up for over 6 years now. Works so much better than the metal ones. Especially if you still have the old factory pull wires.

OP
OP
J

Joe473

Thanks for the info probably going to go the Napa route