• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Revell 1/25 Tribute to the K Bar S Crazy Horse Bronco

KCSPONY

Sponsor/Vendor
OK I am thinking about another Bronco model tribute (I am already collecting parts for 5 others, what is one more??)

Anyway, I was thinking of the K-Bar-S Crazy Horse

P0qkoGj.png

I can use the Baja Bronco kit as the basis, that will get me the double shocks & fender flares

https://imgur.com/FzWs8f3] [/url]

Olson Brothers can supply the 1/2 door inserts

ZtNPk3A.png

Competition resins makes the seats

Hpy6ZV1.png

VCG Resins by Reese has the steering wheel (Lecarra)

zVL0z1G.png

they also have the headers

ii8SwP7.png

Fireball has a roll cage that is close, I can modify

GQqnE75.jpg

and the BGF Mud T/A tires in 33 x 12.50, I would need to figure out the wheel situation though

f9N3KMh.jpg

and the KC HiLights

IXyGCFq.jpg

Detail Master has the photo etched Hurst shifters

d3RmabL.png

I can build the front bumper and the rest of the exhaust

The hard part will be the Duff style hood and the painted on lettering. I can use printable water slide decal sheets, but I need good images to start from

Does anyone (Mark Atherton, ford fan, Gud Racing, Todd Z??) have some high resolution images of the lettering on the fenders?

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow! That is a cool project! The K bar S Broncos were hand lettered and not all the Broncos were lettered by the same 'letterhead'. (Letterhead is an old term for a person who's occupation is hand lettering with a can of One-Shot and a quill.) Yes. I think I have full size vector art of the lettering that I liked best of the K bar S Broncos. I also have some unfinished business with the decals that we discussed a while ago..... Sorry.... I'm still a player though... PM me and I'll help you with the graphics. I think mine are full size, but that's not a problem... Remember, You have to letter the dash also....;)

Rattler on chrome steelies.JPG

I just noticed that there wasn't a closeup of the fender.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Rattler 009.JPG
    Rattler 009.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 26
  • Rattler 1.8.JPG
    Rattler 1.8.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
OP
OP
KCSPONY

KCSPONY

Sponsor/Vendor
Thanks!....I might have to build a Rattler tribute too:p

OP
OP
KCSPONY

KCSPONY

Sponsor/Vendor
I got more pictures, thanks to some members here, I also noticed that while the painting on the different K Bar S rigs was very similar, they were not identical

Z38GfVJl.jpg

PdMqbH1l.jpg

some other K Bar S rigs

fn5rvnYl.jpg

UMJgEdol.jpg

AsyyWihl.jpg

7QYpuiPl.jpg

Zge3pcal.jpg

some reproduced lettering

cFxEpqrl.jpg

k8rsKw2l.jpg

hXW2B70l.jpg

OP
OP
KCSPONY

KCSPONY

Sponsor/Vendor
I found some fonts that match pretty close, should work on a 1/25 scale size, not enough difference for anyone to notice

XBoz329l.png

VsnOGn6l.png

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey. I'll email you a vector file this weekend also, so you will have a 'selection'! Do you know what type a file would work best for you? DXF, EPS, PNG, AI?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
One more just adds more Awesome sauce to your collection :D

OP
OP
KCSPONY

KCSPONY

Sponsor/Vendor
Hey. I'll email you a vector file this weekend also, so you will have a 'selection'! Do you know what type a file would work best for you? DXF, EPS, PNG, AI?

PNG would be best, thanks!