• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rock-Slide Engineering has anyone installed one?

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've had them on since early 2022 and am very satisfied. My wife's height and some balance issues was the reason for getting them. I also added the plate protection over them which I can report is good. I took it off road at OCBR two years ago and slid them around and over the big rocks several times. They didn't prevent the rock rash on my wheels but sure kept my doors and rockers safe. Installation isn't terrible. I think the most challenging part was figuring out how to route the wiring harness. I believe they have improved their installation wording now. So... great product.

OP
OP
77BroncoWag

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've had them on since early 2022 and am very satisfied. My wife's height and some balance issues was the reason for getting them. I also added the plate protection over them which I can report is good. I took it off road at OCBR two years ago and slid them around and over the big rocks several times. They didn't prevent the rock rash on my wheels but sure kept my doors and rockers safe. Installation isn't terrible. I think the most challenging part was figuring out how to route the wiring harness. I believe they have improved their installation wording now. So... great product.
Can you post some pictures from the ground looking up and behind (when you have time). One of their employees said they don't have a plate protector for the Gen1?
Thanks in advance!

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can tomorrow. Are you talking about these on gen 1 or gen 6?

Last edited:

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have 2 sets of the Rock Slide Engineering Steps. 2022 4-Door and 2023 2-Door. They are very well made, beefy and function great. The steps themselves are not quite as wide as the AMP Steps. If you are actually Rock Crawling you may want the extra optional Skid as well.

I would assume the same fit and finish for the Early Bronco version as well.

carter2772

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
I was just watching Mischief Maker on youtube wheeling with RSE in Utah and was curious about their products. Wonder if they have something that could mod to an EB

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Can't find it on their website?
There are 3 different choices for the Bronco. One is for the Early Bronco.

RSE Home Screen click on Bronco. Then click on Sliders. Second option is 1st Gen bronco.

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Can you post some pictures from the ground looking up and behind (when you have time). One of their employees said they don't have a plate protector for the Gen1?
Thanks in advance!
Not sure if this helps but here is the angle you asked for. It's crowded in the garage so shadows and dark. I took one from the front so you can see the protector plate that wraps around the step itself.
Thanks in advance!
Is this what you need? Lots of shadows in my crowded garage. I took one to show the protective steel armor.

Attachments

• IMG_2015.jpeg
    IMG_2015.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2014.jpeg
    IMG_2014.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2016.jpeg
    IMG_2016.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 36

CowboyGrin

Contributor
the circus looks like fun
Loc.
Oklahoma

1700871810852.jpeg
Very enticing…

OP
OP
77BroncoWag

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not sure if this helps but here is the angle you asked for. It's crowded in the garage so shadows and dark. I took one from the front so you can see the protector plate that wraps around the step itself.

Is this what you need? Lots of shadows in my crowded garage. I took one to show the protective steel armor.
Is that their extra skid plate protection on pics 1 and 3? Did you have to modify it a lot to work?

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is that their extra skid plate protection on pics 1 and 3? Did you have to modify it a lot to work?
Yes, that's the skid plate that lays over the step itself. This is on my 2021. There is zero modifications. If you thought I was talking about the early broncos, I'm sorry. I haven't tried one on my 73 yet.