• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

rock slider design

OP
OP
SavageBurro

SavageBurro

Having floors out made it sooo much easier to weld em in for sure! Hmmm... Maybe a hinged floor to get to some secret storage?

OP
OP
SavageBurro

SavageBurro

Thank you.

That's a tall first step. :)

My buddy's rock sliders are welded just to the body. They wrap around and are welded the full length. They look great and are pretty stout, but when he landed hard on a few rocks, it pushed the entire assembly in. I definitely recommend tying to the frame to prevent that sort of thing from happening.

I wish I would have used 2x6 and pushed em out another inch. That might have saved me from a little rock rash right behind my door.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thank you.

That's a tall first step. :)

My buddy's rock sliders are welded just to the body. They wrap around and are welded the full length. They look great and are pretty stout, but when he landed hard on a few rocks, it pushed the entire assembly in. I definitely recommend tying to the frame to prevent that sort of thing from happening.

I wish I would have used 2x6 and pushed em out another inch. That might have saved me from a little rock rash right behind my door.

Why not extend them out to whatever you like? You could use a piece of 1x2, 2x2 or section whatever you wanted from a wider piece and use half on one side and half on the other. Alternatively, you could probably run a piece of 1.5" angle iron (2.1" leg to leg) with similar results.

OP
OP
SavageBurro

SavageBurro

I liked the previous ones so much I built very similar for my current bronco. When I get back from Moab, I'm going to add some 1.75" tube to extend em. Need to get tube bender or pay for someone to bend em.

(Found it easier to flip bronco on its lid. not sure why pic is upside down)

Attachments

• 20210425_135549[1].jpg
    20210425_135549[1].jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 20210425_111854[1].jpg
    20210425_111854[1].jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 68