• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Saginaw Pump on Explorer Serpentine

OP
OP
E

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
Eric - How is your set up working? Have you thought about making more for others?

I used a WH bracket on my p pump and was honetly dissapointed. It is in my truck now (extremely modified version of it is anyway), but only until I can replace it with something better. I was hoping to have more of a bolt on option, not a stack spacers and washers as needed option. I also ran into an issue with the idler and found out that Ford made two different idler styles for the Explorer bracket. WH didn't seem to care that mine wasn't the one theirs was based on. I'm not bashing and WH has some great products and I have spent a lot of money there... just sharing my personal experience on this particular product.

Still hoping to find a good solution to using a P Pump, keeping it LOW, and a clean install.

It is working great. I ran the engine for about 20 hours this weekend across all RPM ranges and had zero issues. Since installing it, I have about 7500 miles on it I would guess.

No plans on making it a part to sell at this point. I think I would need to have it cast to make it economically viable since it is too many parts and they all need to all be welded together. Worked great for a one off, though.

Eric

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Eric, I wished I would've checked it out when I saw you over the weekend. I forgot all about that bracket you made. Next time, or remind me when I see you again.

Mark

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Not trying to hijack, but similar issues following this thread and seeing the need for similar brackets...

I made a "one-off" bracket to mount my PSC style pump (WH sold them) down low with a York OBA compressor bracket directly above it...took forever, works great but would need to be cast to make a dollar or two on it since I've had requests for my bracket also... been running it for a few years now.

OP
OP
E

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
Eric, I wished I would've checked it out when I saw you over the weekend. I forgot all about that bracket you made. Next time, or remind me when I see you again.

Mark

I'll try to remember to have you take a look at it Mark. Good seeing you up there this weekend.

Eric

EBCRAZY

BC Bronco's now offers a bracket to mount a Saginaw pump and York compressor with the Explorer serpentine system.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The guy who makes them (The Bronco Guy) puts that logo in them so you get it whether you buy the bracket from him, WH, or BC.

Todd Z.

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
The guy who makes them (The Bronco Guy) puts that logo in them so you get it whether you buy the bracket from him, WH, or BC.

Todd Z.
Correct mih is the logo just got mine on Tuesday ordered directly from bronco guy his price includes shipping and was less.. another plus is there’s plenty of room to run a distributor with vacuum advance if needed.

OP
OP
E

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
Maybe now is the time to freely release my design files so people can make these things for themselves. EBCRAZY (The Bronco Guy) clearly took a lot of inspiration from what I designed. If people are interested in that let me know and I will make it available, and easier to make for yourself in your garage.

BTW, BC Broncos is showing it with the wrong power steering pump style, and one that has the wrong clocking which is why it looks tilted...

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Maybe now is the time to freely release my design files so people can make these things for themselves. EBCRAZY (The Bronco Guy) clearly took a lot of inspiration from what I designed. If people are interested in that let me know and I will make it available, and easier to make for yourself in your garage.

BTW, BC Broncos is showing it with the wrong power steering pump style, and one that has the wrong clocking which is why it looks tilted...

Oh my - I didn't realize this was your design!

Todd Z.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman

please share your files. I want to try and make one.

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just read some of the early post on this subject and thought I would add this to the conversation. I had this canned ham pump on my 351 with the explorer serpentine belt system for quite a while. The picture shows the bracket I used. I cannot remember why I ended up with that combo. I took it off and am using the Explorer pump because the pulley diameter on Saginaw was 6.5". It couldn't spin fast enough at idle to create the necessary pressure. If somebody wants this I can bring it to OCBR in September.

Attachments

• IMG_0114[1].jpg
    IMG_0114[1].jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited by a moderator:

75brnco

I just installed the Bronco guy bracket and WH Delphi pump, (No A/C) and the belt that worked for me was a napa part# 25060876. Just FYI

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
In regards to the bracket I showed in post #177, here it is installed.
As I am figuring out which belt is appropriate, I have a question. I have one belt that I have to pretty much max out the tensioner to get it on. That concerns me. What's the consequences of one that is too tight?
I have another one that goes on much easier but it is squeeling bad at idle. There is 7/8" difference in the outside circumference. I see a Gates hose that is right in the middle I am going to try tomorrow.
Always remember to read my disclaimer at the bottom.;)

Attachments

• IMG_0364[1].jpg
    IMG_0364[1].jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0365[1].jpg
    IMG_0365[1].jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 29

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I had to read your post just for the disclaimer! :)

Best of luck. Go with the one in the middle. Best belt for tension. If you can, go with a Continental Elite. It is a no-squeak, high quality belt. Works really good with any pulleys that are alum as they tend to squeak much more readily than OE or mild steel ones.

Last edited: