• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Show me your rear TRAIL bumpers

OP
OP
Nightstick

Nightstick

Bronco guy
I forgot to ask, what are sone ways y'all have mounted these bumpers?

I'm in the middle of building mine as we speak and all I can think to do it to weld angle iron on the end of the frame rail, weld nuts inside the bumper, and bolt her on. Any other ideas?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Just a plain jane ole stock bumper, sorry to disapoint lol

OP
OP
Nightstick

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Lol, no worries Dave... I came up with another idea which I think will work! I'm just gonna throw some 1.5" angle iron down the entire top of it. I'll be able to use the original frame mounting holes and it'll cover up some of the raised body mounts. Then I'll just put some smaller pieces on the bottom and use those hole as well.

OP
OP
Nightstick

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Like this... The ends stick out about an inch outside the body panels. The pic must be an optical illusion.
5f97fa84.jpg
[/IMG]

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Dimes i tell ya!!! ;D

0d211bf6.jpg
[/IMG]

I see splatter. ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. ANd yes, it's 100 times better than anything I can do. Oh wait, I don't even have mine plugged up. ARGH

Nice work on the bumper man. Looks great back there. Now post that pic on the license plate thread ;)

OP
OP
Nightstick

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Got her painted and set it in place. I don't like how far off the body it is so I'm gonna cut an inch off the back of the frame rail so it sets in further.

0eb98051.jpg
[/IMG]

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Looks great Kevin. Not bad at all for your first bumper build.

OP
OP
Nightstick

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Looks great Kevin. Not bad at all for your first bumper build.

Thanks man... I'm going to add the pieces that go forward to protect the QPs after OCBR. I just don't have enough time to do it now because of the body cutting that goes along with that. Tomorrow I'm gonna work on the skis

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Fordfan, that is awesome articulation on that Bronco! What set-up do you have with it? Lift, shocks, etc...

Hey Apache it is really nothing really exotic...Just a system that works pretty nice together. The specs: Wildhorses - long arms, rear 5.5" springs, front shock hoops, rear shock mounts ; BCBroncos front 6.5" springs (with winch); Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks, dual ARBs, ZF, Baille Built half cab cage, 38 x 15.50 x 16 SSRs and lots of RUST! But......it is in line for a body transplant....still fun though! Thanks:cool:

These are a few pics of "Patches" - time span of 7 years.

Attachments

• 100_2956.jpg
    100_2956.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Bronco @ Morris.JPG
    Bronco @ Morris.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_1329.jpg
    100_1329.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_2804.jpg
    100_2804.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 100_2816.jpg
    100_2816.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 100_1176.jpg
    100_1176.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 39

apachetech

Loc.
Mountain Home, Idaho
With the 6.5" coils in front (with winch), does it sit level? I noticed you're in Alabama, probably a dumb question but are you a Tide fan?

Last edited:

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Aluminum bumpers.....Rear is an air tank.....strong, light and rustless!:):)

Nice looking Bronco! Can I ask what side lift and tires your running?

Thanks

Edit... I see you already posted the specs. Thanks!

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
With the 6.5" coils in front (with winch), does it sit level? I noticed you're in Alabama, probably a dumb question but are you a Tide fan?

Of Course!!! in a Tide Fan!!!! Maybe not as obnoxious as some and definitely not as and Auburn Fan!... Yes, it sits close to level; it's just never on any thing level or a smooth road. LOL . Originally it had progressive type 5.5" coils and it sagged in the front and more on the drivers side.