• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

stock tire carrier with a 37?

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I think you need to cut down the rubber bumpers on the bottom part of the tailgate and you will need to add a 3rd brake light extender. I would also recommend one of the tailgate support brackets to reinforce the tailgate and hinge area. Thats a lot of weight hanging way off the back of the truck for only sheet metal to support.

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
Ditto on the tailgate support bracket. I have 37s on my Bronco and would not want that 110 lbs. hanging off of the factory tailgate and hinges.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
As much as I love this site try Bronco6G form for the new broncos. Tons of info there for the new broncos. In ways there is too much and it can take a while to weed through crappy post but you can get plenty of real world feedback. Also there are vendors listed and classifieds that have just about everything for the new broncos.

GloNDark

I have had a couple different configurations on my First Edition.

Rough country tail gate bracket/Tire relocation/ 3rd brake light relocation first. I didn't like how much of the rear view that blocked and felt that the 3rd brake light was right in my line of site. So I left the tailgate reinforcement on but removed the relocation for the tire and brake light. The 3rd is perfectly visible from behind without raising it.

Rough Country Tailgate reinforcement / Tire Relocation / 3rd Brake light relocation
thumbnail_img_2660-jpg.220342

Rough Country Tailgate reinforcement only
1669135652744-png.423702

GloNDark

Good call.

Sticking off the side like that looks ridiculous.

Agreed. I like the DV8 bumper other than that. Was originally going to relocate the plate to the spare tire but with the bead locks and the offset that wouldn't work without it looking just as ridiculous.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Don't know if you're wheeling it and the second photo might look better but there are many times and trails that would hit that tire as you go off a drop/ledge and that would be hard on the tailgate for sure!

I have had a couple different configurations on my First Edition.

Rough country tail gate bracket/Tire relocation/ 3rd brake light relocation first. I didn't like how much of the rear view that blocked and felt that the 3rd brake light was right in my line of site. So I left the tailgate reinforcement on but removed the relocation for the tire and brake light. The 3rd is perfectly visible from behind without raising it.

Rough Country Tailgate reinforcement / Tire Relocation / 3rd Brake light relocation
thumbnail_img_2660-jpg.220342

Rough Country Tailgate reinforcement only
1669135652744-png.423702