• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Switching from Chevy disc to Ford

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My 73 has the Chevy disc conversion and I'm gathering up parts to switch to Ford to run RCV axles. Couple questions, are the hub and rotors the same? What about the brake lines? I know the calipers are different but wasn't sure if the brake lines connected to both in the same manner.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes, hub and rotors are the same...you run the Ford hub/rotors with the "Chevy kit", hence the 5x5.5 Ford wheel pattern.

Caliper hoses are potentially different. The Chevy calipers use 7/16" banjo fittings whereas the standard Ford calipers use 3/8" and the oversized ones (LTD/T-Bird) use 7/16" IIRC. Port location varies slightly as well which can impact routing, but ultimately you need to decide which "Ford" kit you're running with respect to the calipers. I'm pretty sure the thread pitch between the Chevy and Ford (big) calipers are different as well, 7/16-20 and 7/16-24 respectively, so make sure to get banjo bolts if needed as well.