• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Trying to find original owner

bronco35

I have a 76 ford bronco. I have the actual Division of Ford Motor company invoice that shows the base price plus all itemized options plus price with a total. And shows it was shipped to Portland Preperation Center in Tigard, OR and it says sold to dealer Bick Snow incorporated in Milton Freewater OR. I purchased it in Idaho. Thru channels I backtracked title to a deceased gentleman. The last one to title it in 1985. Idaho doesn't have any records (so they say) older than 95 but we’re able to find back to 85. Anyone have any ideas of how to find who the dealership originally sold it to? Oregon department of registration is absolutely no help. Any ideas would be great.

achrs44

I enjoy internet sleuth work but will definitely need more info to provide much assistance.
VIN at a minimum; by chance have a Marti Report to share?; color, some pics, etc.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Other than the owner's manual or owner's warranty card I'm not sure where you would source that information.

TheLimeRanger

i was able to track down my original owner, but only because i had some paperwork that survived the 33 year journey before i acquired it. maybe somewhere in your truck, under a seat, in the glove box etc. is some paperwork that you can use to help crack the case

Scotty

It seems that an initial sale in Milton-Freewater would probably have a local buyer. If that's the case, the initial registration would (again, probably) have been in Oregon.

Oregon might have the history available
https://www.oregon.gov/odot/DMV/pages/records/available.aspx

Edit: Re-reading your post, it appears you may have gone this route and found that the State hasn't retained the records.

Last edited:

hucklburry rev2

Why? So they can ask to buy it back? I get that enough from a couple previous owners as it is, I don't feel like looking for more people to ask me... :)