• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Used lift kit--how much?

mjmcbride1

Loc.
Fayetteville, NC
I've been teetering on getting a lift kit for the last month or so. So there's a guy I know that runs an offroad shop (lift kits, engine work, exhaust, etc etc) and has a half-cab with a Duff 3" suspension kit and wants a 4" or maybe even bigger. He asked me about working out a deal where I get his 3" Duff kit so he can eventually get his 4" or bigger kit. So my question is, what is a fair price to pay for a used 3" kit? Or what sort of deal is worth it? I know what they are costing new from the various vendors, but as far as what a used one is worth, I have no idea. I do know, that he in fact does this work so a part of the 'deal' (from my point of view) would be the install of said 3" kit on mine. Anyone got any guidance/advice/suggestions on this one? Thanks in advance!
MikeM

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
How old is it? If its newish and he will install it I would give him dang near face value. If its old, less.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Should be good then. Is it coils, leafs, shocks, and appropriate dropped or raised items?

OP
OP
mjmcbride1

mjmcbride1

Loc.
Fayetteville, NC
In theory yes to all the above---i asked about a complete kit and he said he had it from Duff...I'll know more later when I get my bronco over to his shop. I'm thinking if it is a good kit/setup, then I just give him what Duff sells it for and he installs it.....

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Heck yeah, I'd do that deal every day. I like wrenching but to let a professional shop do it and be done would be nice occasionally.