• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Washer Fluid Nozzles Install

Torkman66

Contributor
Failed to make the holes for the washer fluid nozzles in new hood prior to paint. I decided to go with these from Amazon:
IMG_8544.png
They are black with 2 adjustable tips on each nozzle. I found that the original nozzles are offset on the hood. The passenger side is 24.5” from edge of hood and the drivers side is 16.5” from edge of hood. Both are 7 1/8” back from rear edge of hood. That is the STOCK location. I did a mock up of the nozzles setting on the hood at those measurements and thought it looked odd to have them offset. I decided to make them symmetric left and right placed at 18” from edge of hood on both sides.
It was stressful drilling holes into my newly painted hood. I measured everything 5 times before drilling. 😊
IMG_8536.jpeg
Started with a small bit and then after making pilot hole, used bit slightly larger than base of nozzle.

After install I tested the pattern and it took a few attempts adjusting the nozzle tips, but both ended up hitting the window 3/4 of the way up, spread across window evenly in 4 streams. Happy with results. IMG_8539.jpeg
IMG_8543.jpeg
IMG_8540.jpeg

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
How did the nozzles work? Did you get a decent pattern from them? May have to try a set of those myself.

Randy

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Well, just damn! Should have read between the pics and I would have KNOWN the answer. Lol

Randy