• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

We lost a California bronco brother yesterday

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Didnt know him personally, just FB friends and followed some bronco threads of his. Rest in peace Rito.

rpmgarage22

Didn't get to meet Rito in person...but I spent many hours with him on the phone. Definitely enough to call him a friend.

He was very proud of his son, and his very good friend, Armando.

I was expecting to meet him in person on a trip later this year or early next.

It is so odd. Making such distant plans at our age didn't even seem to hold a risk.

He and I talked about my motorcycle accident...and how it would have "really messed up our plans" if I hadn't "decided not to 'go' yet."

I am so thankful that we were both able to laugh at that. Having never met the man, get to shake his hand, yet he knew me well enough to know that we would both find it funny.

Now...to hear this...

I am at a rare loss for words...

RIP, Brother...

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
This is a tough one for our SoCal Broncos family. Rito has been involved with us for the last few years. Always looking for ways to upgrade his Bronco and building it to do more and more difficult trails. He did a lot to it in the last three years. He loved learning about what worked best and what needed to be replaced or redone. He’d come to an event, then as soon as he’d get home he’d be tearing into it, making it better for the next run. Such a sad tragedy, he will be deeply missed.

Mark

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I only know Rito through facebook. I read about that today, from what I gather a vehicle fell while he was working on it. My dad once scolded me when I was 17 working under my charger with out proper safety systems in place. I always make sure I have a back up in case something fails. This is sad and unfortunate situation, RIP Rito....

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I only knew Rito through this site and on Facebook but he was a bronco brother. He will be missed! RIP my friend.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Sorry to read this. Condolences to his family and friends.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
i became friends with him last year. he was one of those guys you could tell was always smiling on the other end of the phone line. really sad story here. Godspeed Rito, you will be missed..

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
I can't believe I am reading this. I have wheeled with Rito a few times and he was a GREAT guy! He was way too young and he just got married as well. He tried to get me to go to Calico last year and I wish so bad I had gone now. RIP Rito! Love ya So Cal Bronco bro!

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Here is a pic of Rito's Bronco (orange one) and a pic of Rito and his son. His son is looking back at me and Rito has the hat on facing away from me. Unfortunately, this is all I got. RIP.

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 103