• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Weekend road trip

captbo

Loc.
Southern Maryland
I am leaving the east coast Friday am heading to Wi to pick up my 1967, planned the route to aviod Chicago goint to take I 70 to indy then start working north all the trip stuff stated its about a 15 hour burn!, wish me luck!

OP
OP
captbo

captbo

Loc.
Southern Maryland
Thanks With three drivers in the truck it should be a hoot! I shopped around a god bit and lost a few deals collected some great parts (One of which is a very nice rolling chassis from a 72 that I may not need) this truck has many extra parts and the price paid is less then the lift, brake upgrade, stainless brake lines, radius arm drops, and so on, I will post pictures when I return, and I am sure I wil bring back some cheese!

OP
OP
captbo

captbo

Loc.
Southern Maryland
we are home!

Well we are home! had a great trip we left Friday at 5:30 am from my cousins house in Mt Airy Md we took I 70 to Indy then I 74 to Normal Ill then I 39 to Madison and State rd 151 to Beaver Dam arrived at about 9:30 pm thier time, crashed at a best western at the recomondation of the seller ate a great breakfast at "Walker's" it was our waitress Bonnie birthday, she was turning 70 my guess great food , great people. Steve need to buy his kids some cheese head hats so we went to a store called Fleet/ farm,, what a place I was in heavan!, left Beaver dam at 11:30 am Sat. drove straight through ( three drivers) and was home at 6:30 am sunday ready for church!

then slept all day like a lazy bilge rat! enjoy the pictures

Attachments

• DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    247.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
Fleet & Farm ROCKS! When I used to visit my grandparents in northern Illinois, we ALWAYS went to Fleet and Farm! Wish we had 'em out west!

Nice truck... looks like a solid project

OP
OP
captbo

captbo

Loc.
Southern Maryland
Well here is the list of things that came with the Bronco

Frame with axels and James Duff trackbars,
2 fuel tanks
Engine ( rebuilt 100 miles ago "289")
2 transmissions org three speed np435 cusatom adaptor
Trans case
JAmes Duff trans case shifter
body tub
tailgate
both doors grill and fenders
hard top
soft top
3 1/2 Ultimate duff suspenssion some of which is installed
y pipe
radiator
roll bar
push bar
shocks 8ea
Duff power brake kit
Jeep Grand cherokee steeringgearand org steering gear
drive shafts
clutch
collection of reciepts
Clear title,
all the above is in the tub in boxes or mounted on the truck, I am looking into front disc brakes as I plan to run 35" tires,

my plans are what I call a practical restoration, vs show, I will use this truck

I would like to patch the gapping hole in the top of the drives side fender I have never seen them rust like this so I was wondering if someone had a rusted fender bottom that had a good top, Please offer your suggestions, Thanks Bo