• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Were Baja Broncos available in 1976?

slim811

Contributor
Spotted a Free Wheelin' brochure on ebay advertised as a 1976. List Baja as an option, I thought only available 1971-1976. Looks like brochure would be correct for at least a 76, because it also shows a special decor.

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
75 was the last year. Supposedly the Denver edition trucks were the leftovers Ford had in the pipeline after Stroppe stopped taking then sometime mid-year.

OP
OP
S

slim811

Contributor
Meant to write 1971 to 1975

75 was the last year. Supposedly the Denver edition trucks were the leftovers Ford had in the pipeline after Stroppe stopped taking then sometime mid-year.
Okay thanks for responding Bart. Had forgot about the Denver edition, kind of been on this "Free Wheelin' kick lately. Not sure my 1st thread with the pic posted that's why I started this one, but if you can check out the brochure pic there. Thanks again, Pete

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Link to the 76 Free Wheelin' brochure? I've always thought, for Broncos, "Free Wheelin" only applied to full size Broncos 78 and into the early 80's.

OP
OP
S

slim811

Contributor
Hey Scoop, indeed Facebook has a group dedicated to preserving Free Wheeling package Ford 78-81. Free Wheeling and Chromatic Striped Broncos and F150s. I"m Learning as I go. I can't link much using my phone but will try when I get home.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Yeah, I'm a big fan of the Free Wheelin' package. As I recall they even put it on vans and Pinto wagons! Check out FullSizeBronco.com - some information there on the package as it applies to Broncos and one guy there has reproduced the chromatic stripes.

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
The Free Wheelin' package looks cool on a red Bronco also. I have two 78s but have never seen one in person. I have seen a couple of F150s with the decals in the last few years. It probably means nothing to the fellow driving them but I always think "Hey, that's rare".