• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WH Explorer 5.0 Saginaw/Delphi pump bracket swap

PaveBronco

Anyone installed the explorer 5.0 Saginaw/Delphi pump bracket swap to allow the serpentine belt to be used with a Saginaw pump. I’m scratching my head on the idler pulley install. I’ve got the triangular bracket that attaches to the water pump but for the install of the idler pulley I don’t see how it fits. The instructions say :
Now install the idler pulley onto the bracket. Use original washers and spacers. We provide a 10mm x 65 bolt, nut and lock washer.
Use the .875” spacer and thick washer between the stock idler pulley washer and the bracket. Apply Loktite to the nut.
But the pulley bearing diameter is larger than the supplied bolt and I didn’t have any original washers or spacers, on my original setup.
I’m throwing this out there because I’m old and slow and sure I’m missing something.

Attachments

• 16340_10501_popup.jpg
    16340_10501_popup.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 79

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
If you can lay out what original pieces you have snap a cell phone pic and email to sales@wildhorses4x4.com you can post here too. I'll see if i can make a pic with everything here on the desk and post that.

OP
OP
PaveBronco

PaveBronco

Ha, didn’t take you guys long, this is exactly why you guys rock.
Will take a few pics..
Thanks

broncopilot67

Loc.
Port Orchard
I just put this on and there is a plastic bushing that goes on the 10mm bolt that the bearing rides on. I think i got one at O'Reilly's. I could get a picture if you need

OP
OP
PaveBronco

PaveBronco

Thanks broncopilot, will check it out. My original setup had the pulley bolt as the same size as the bearing, then it necks down to the threads. The pulley bolt screwed into the mount.

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Parts from left to right in order how we install them.
1. The bolt (part of kit)
2. Stock washer
3. Pulley
4. Stock spacer (one part you are likely missing)
5. Thick washer (part of kit)
6. Spacer (part of kit)
7. bracket (part of kit)
8. Lock washer (part of kit)
9. nut (part of kit)

Still a fairly new kit but we have a lot in the field being used with great results. We are always open for ways to improve our products. So post or email sales@wildhorses4x4.com with any suggestions. Thanks for the business!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
PaveBronco

PaveBronco

This is what came on the 96 explorer set-up, I found a bushing that worked in my scrounge, so I’m good to go. I did have a slight setback when I went to bolt up my dual return pump to the bracket, the fact that there is only one bolt hole showing (short bolt to hold the res in place). But the other hole is there covered up, I just drilled the res to expose the other hole, added an O ring between the res and the pump, and trimed the lower return line, which is spot welded to the res case so some careful grinding was required. On the front side I had to shave a small amount from one of the bracket mount bolts, pic has washers but I removed them as they were touching the res body. Had to clearance the mount bracket to clear the top return line.

Attachments

• Pulley.JPG
    Pulley.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 31
  • Pump Rear.jpg
    Pump Rear.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Bracket notch.JPG
    Bracket notch.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Shaved Bolt.jpg
    Shaved Bolt.jpg