• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WH Hydroboost Fitment Question (Explorer EFI)

pocketlock

WH/Hydratech (same?) on explorer efi, doable? I did not find a definitive answer. here is the link to the system https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Hydroboost-Power-Brake-System-B/Bronco_Power_Brakes. I am currently fitting radiator, fan, etc. and only lack the hydro unit fitment, thinking i will go ahead while fiitting the engine bay and order and fit the unit.
Looking it over the only note about not fitting was for efi with the throttle body on the drivers side. Which side is the explorer efi on?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Yes, that mounting plate with the angle in it was developed to clear the 351W - it will clear the Explorer EFI just fine (assuming you haven't switched the stock throttle body location).

We originally designed one that came straight out from the firewall too and that one was a bit hit/miss with some of the EFI intakes. WH switched to just using the angled one after a few years.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have it, works perfectly fine.
Duffy, thanks.
Yes, that mounting plate with the angle in it was developed to clear the 351W - it will clear the Explorer EFI just fine (assuming you haven't switched the stock throttle body location).

We originally designed one that came straight out from the firewall too and that one was a bit hit/miss with some of the EFI intakes. WH switched to just using the angled one after a few years.

Todd Z.
thanks Todd. Best to order the WH vs Hydratech?

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
There is always a way.

I moved mine over.

Look at pages 4 & 5 of my build thread but I wouldn't worry about it until you try and know it won't fit.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Duffy, thanks.

thanks Todd. Best to order the WH vs Hydratech?
I think they're essentially identical so go with what whichever one makes the most sense from an availability/cost perspective.

Todd Z.

Hopstr

Contributor
I'm running the WH setup with my 351 Ford EFI and have no fitment issues (other than the hood). Nice setup.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Last question, I am running 4 wheel disc with 33 -35 inch tires with the non adjustable 4 wheel disc proportioning valve, will the optional hydroboost master cylinder suffice?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Last question, I am running 4 wheel disc with 33 -35 inch tires with the non adjustable 4 wheel disc proportioning valve, will the optional hydroboost master cylinder suffice?
It should work fine.

Todd Z.