• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WH San Felipe family cage add on kit

carhauler

Loc.
Harford Co. MD
Has anyone used this add on kit? My EB has the san Felipe bar with front legs and main hoop with rear kickers. Want put something over the kiddies. Post a pic if you have this added on please. Trying to get an idea what it will look like. The pics on the WH site aren't too good.

Thanks

GSP9

Loc.
State College
I bought it and installed it. Good quality, no complaints. I picked up some roll bar paint from Pepboys and gave it two coats and it turned out nice. I also bought seat belt bungs and welded those in as well.

Attachments

• IMG_3617.jpg
    IMG_3617.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_3873.jpg
    IMG_3873.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_3875.jpg
    IMG_3875.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 148
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 189

LOVNBRONCOS

Loc.
Tucson, Az
Did the rear and front add on at the same time, added a center bar

Attachments

• Raptor Liner 001.jpg
    Raptor Liner 001.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 4-28-13 mix 045.jpg
    4-28-13 mix 045.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 131
OP
OP
carhauler

carhauler

Loc.
Harford Co. MD
Thanks guys. Are you happy with the addition? Lovnbroncos, yours seems to have more of a forward lean then gsp9's. Did you re bend it for more forward tilt? I like the lean forward.

LOVNBRONCOS

Loc.
Tucson, Az
I shortened the center tube so it would lean forward, and lowered it a little in the back so it wouldn't look so square, I'm very happy with it. That's a old picture, put a full lenght WH top on.

Attachments

• DSCF2228.jpg
    DSCF2228.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 115

GSP9

Loc.
State College
Thanks guys. Are you happy with the addition? Lovnbroncos, yours seems to have more of a forward lean then gsp9's. Did you re bend it for more forward tilt? I like the lean forward.

Good eye. I actually went out and bought two new longer top cross members so that the rear vertical bar didn't have has much forward rake or forward lean. The reason I did this was because during mock up, the rear bar was almost directly over my kids heads while they were in their car seats. As they grow older, they would grow right into it if I left it as is. I was able to put the top back on to see how much I could move the bar back before it hit the inside of the hard top and I had plenty of room to push it back some with the addition of the longer top cross members. The other issue was, if an adult was in the back seat, their head would constantly be hitting the roll bar. I'm 6'2" and when it was leaned forward as it came from Whitehorse, I kept having to sit lower or move my head so that it wasn't in my way. By moving it back, it eliminated those issues. I don't really plan on having adults back there but they certainly could be at some point. I will say that it's possible your rear seat might be mounted in a slightly different position than mine and it won't be an issue for you but that's why I ended up kicking it back some.

OP
OP
carhauler

carhauler

Loc.
Harford Co. MD
I don't have a back seat at this point so I guess I can adjust the seat location to fit wherever I put the bar. My kids are older as well and will probably not be riding back there too long but while they like to go for a ride here and there, I want some protection for them!

LOVNBRONCOS

Loc.
Tucson, Az
GSP9 is correct with what he is saying, if your to have a back seat you need to move it forward or you will bang your head, I don't have a back seat I carry to much gear when I head for the hills.

figo40

Loc.
St. Louis
I'd be interested in the rear add on but dont see it on their site. any idea on a part number?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We're always trying to refine our search parameters for the site too. So if you don't see something when using the drop down menus and the different categories, try typing some basic terms in the search box as well.
This is what came up for "san felipe" just now:
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/category/s?keyword=san+felipe
If you think something is supposed to be somewhere, and it isn't and you can't find it, by all means let someone at WH know and we'll take care of it asap.

You can e-mail or PM me here too of course, or let someone on the phone know if you're talking to them anyway. Whatever is easiest for you.

Thanks!

Paul