• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

When I test fit the lower right quarter panel the lip that should be welded to the tail light housing has a very large gap.

Wyattman2015

When I test fit the lower right quarter panel the lip that should be welded to the tail light post has a very large gap.
It seem like I won't be able to weld them together because they are not touching.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Robert

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You have to clamp, pull, force, cut, trim, rivet, screw, hammer, reshape and otherwise generally mess around with any and all replacement sheet metal when working on the body of one of these.

bflippinw

And keep in mind when you stretched that panel you just made a belly or bow in it. Check with a long straight edge. Wish I’d have done it.

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Thanks, great idea. Did you have to force it in there ?
Didn't really force it. I fitted the panels, then disassembled and predrilled for the plug welds and reassembled for welding. When I say assemble and disassemble, that has to be done quite a bit to get them right.