• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who remembers orange crush??

76broncoorange

I just got a 76 bronco from my uncle for FREE!!!! It is all stock 302 n 3 speed manual on the cloumn. It needs some work.. Well anyway on to my questions. I found a bronco called "orange crush" on bronco driver. I want mine to look just like that. My question is what was done to that bronco. I found it has 38.5 inch tires with a 5.5 inch suspension lift. Is that all that was done? I cant find the list of what they did.... I know it had wildhorse flares... differnt front bumpers.. etc.. just trying to get that height and look. painting it orange also... anyone that has all the specs on orange crush please post them thanks alot.

lil red

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
It was raffeled off a few moths ago. I think it is El Paso, Tx now. Do a search. I am sure there is plenty of conversation and pictures about it..

Oh, welcome to the site..

berg bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
franklin NC
bronco driver did the build up in some of the issues of the mag. I also think the new owner is a member on this site but I cant remember his name.

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
Welcome & congrats on your new gift!

They did a detailed build in Bronco Driver Magazine that encompassed several issues. If someone on here doesn't come up with specs you might be able to veiw the issues online & get them. I know the final issue had a list of the completed specs just prior to the raffle.

OP
OP

76broncoorange

Hey thanks guys... I am just trying to firgure out the specs....I cant seem to come up with any of the finised article which tells me all the details...

OP
OP

76broncoorange

hey thanks! its only a 5.5inch lift... no body lift.. cool.. save some money. I was going to go with the wildhorses4x4 5.5 lift for $530 is that a good kit? or maybe ill go 5.5inch suspension and 1in body lift that be even bigger than orange crush but not to big to drive around on the streets

Heus33

Bronco Guru
hey thanks! its only a 5.5inch lift... no body lift.. cool.. save some money. I was going to go with the wildhorses4x4 5.5 lift for $530 is that a good kit? or maybe ill go 5.5inch suspension and 1in body lift that be even bigger than orange crush but not to big to drive around on the streets

A good kit for what? Its good for looks. Adding a lift block and an add-a-leaf isn't the best option but it is the most economical. You'll likely result in more wheel hop, axle wrap and less articulation vs getting the appropriate leaf spring setup.

Personally I think you should save up and do it right, otherwise you may wish you had down the line...

If you're looking to save some money check out the classified section, sometimes people will sell their 5.5" lift kits for a reasonable amount. The main reason being that a lot of people don't like the height of a 5.5" system - stability and overall usefulness can be compromised here.

But it all depends on what you plan on using your rig for - more info here will allow members to give you better options to think about.

Hope that helps!

OP
OP

76broncoorange

oo ok thanks for that. So my bronco is going to be street driven/trail.... but only once in awhile not as a dd... Thanks for the classified idea. Hmm i liek orange crush but maybe i should go a tad smaller.. (also i cant get an idea where the bottem on the door is liek how tall from the ground)

Heus33

Bronco Guru
For drivability the best combo in my opinion is a 2.5" suspension lift (with deaver coils and leafs from Jeffs Bronco Graveyard - the SuperFlex version) with a 1" body lift.

This will allow you to run a 33" tire and even a 35" tire if you don't plan on wheeling it too hard.

Here's a link that I made about street suspensions - it would be good for light trail work too: http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168596

Tall lifts and big tires look really cool but they aren't very practical for a street driven bronco when compared to a smaller lift and more reasonably sized tires.