• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

wild horse ron francis efi wiring question

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
hey yall. im almost done installing my harness and i had a quick 4g alternator question

there is a wire in the efi harness designed to go to the alt. i THINK its to turn it on.

there is also a wire in my new painless bronco harness for the same thing.

if im using the painless wire to power the alternator up do i need to do anything with the one in the efi harness? im not positive of its purpose

thanks a bunch guys!

Mark1911

I am using the AAW harness and the Ron Francis EFI harness also. I questioned that also, which one to use. After contacting AAW and Ron Francis about which to use and the decision was to use the AAW one and just put a piece of shrink tube to blank off the Ron Francis feed.
So use the one from Painless.

Mark

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Their function is the same so I would use either one. Which ever one is the most convenient or seems the most logical is the one to use.
All else being equal, just go to the easiest or cleanest.
I usually use the Ron francis wire because it’s already on top of the engine and doesn’t need to be routed across a fender or out in space anywhere. But since you usually have to do that with other wires anyway, it’s not that big of a deal to run the one from the chassis harness.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Correct. As far as I’m aware, Francis made the harness for Ryan after he got into production.
Our harnesses also made by Ron Francis, but it is a modification of the original design. Not the same one that they sell as far as I know.