• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Your comeback might inspire someone

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
I took my dashboard out in 2006, got distracted, left the Bronco parked outside, the tarp tore and it was uncovered for at least 15 years.
Then in 2020 my wife encouraged me to get going on it. I told her it was going to be a lot of money and a lot of time away from home and she's still encouraged me, so I placed my first order with Wild Horses.
My first plan was to fix what was broken and drive what was left.
As soon as I got the motor and transmission out, I thought why not do a wire harness. Somewhere along the way it occurred to me to do lockers front and back, replace the rear 9-in axle housing, add rear disc brakes and a power booster, and basically install everything that I had always dreamed about but never had.
Anyway, here it is 2024 and I've already been to a 4 by event, not finished by a long site but it's roadworthy and works and kicks most Jeeps rear ends!

RudyF6

Mine wasn't intended to be a project, but it's been parked in a dirt floor pole barn since 1991 so it's gonna' be one now!
Got concrete floor 2 years ago, now I have the workspace. I'm retired, so now I have the time too.
I started in on it Sunday!

Blitz51

Bought my 1974 in 2012 from a CB member. Drove it a bit. Moved. Stored Bronco. Moved again. Stored Bronco. Drove Bronco for a summer. Moved again. Stored Bronco. Ordered a 2021. Delayed, became a 2022. Nearly sold 1974. Drove 2022 for two years. Traded 2022 for a new vehicle for wife. Brought 1974 out of storage. Saw the Wild Horses video the next day. Currently making plans for the 1974...glad I didn't sell.

67sport

Contributor
Loc.
Vancouver Island, Canada
Bought my 1974 in 2012 from a CB member. Drove it a bit. Moved. Stored Bronco. Moved again. Stored Bronco. Drove Bronco for a summer. Moved again. Stored Bronco. Ordered a 2021. Delayed, became a 2022. Nearly sold 1974. Drove 2022 for two years. Traded 2022 for a new vehicle for wife. Brought 1974 out of storage. Saw the Wild Horses video the next day. Currently making plans for the 1974...glad I didn't sell.
Welcome to it. Cough up the $12 to become a contributor, post up some pics, and let's get your classic built!

Contributor
Found my bronco under a tree in the front of an old guys yard just about two years ago and have been going at it ever since.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wrecked my Bronco in Baja racing a couple of years ago. Rebuilding to race again next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RudyF6

Mine wasn't intended to be a project, but it's been parked in a dirt floor pole barn since 1991 so it's gonna' be one now!
Got concrete floor 2 years ago, now I have the workspace. I'm retired, so now I have the time too.
I started in on it Sunday!
It just occurred to me that this is only my second post here.
The first was "What should I do with this?"... Almost 12 years ago!!

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
It just occurred to me that this is only my second post here.
The first was "What should I do with this?"... Almost 12 years ago!!

About time 🙂. Plenty of knowledgeable and helpful people here for anything you need help with.

Time to get started, post some pictures. Much easier is you become a contributor for $12 for the year. So easy even i can do it.