• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

cool fabrications you guys have made.

Bferrari

I had fabbed up a passenger seat mount that folds up and forward to gain better access to the rear seat.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I also narrowed a rear seat and made a fold and tumble setup that has accessible storage that 'folds and tumbles' with the seat. Ended up making a drop down tray that will fold up with the 'fold and tumble' but is accessible when needed and will carry my jack, spare ecu, odds and ends, misc tools, etc. Due to the lack of storage in these things I wanted something that what out of site, not bouncing around the truck, but there in case I need it. I will secure everything with either studs and wing nuts inside the tray or will use straps and weld a few loops inside the tray.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

smokinjoe

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Braunfels, TX
I had fabbed up a passenger seat mount that folds up and forward to gain better access to the rear seat.

I also narrowed a rear seat and made a fold and tumble setup that has accessible storage that 'folds and tumbles' with the seat.

Mass produce that s*** now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: I would buy both of those in a heart beat if they worked w/ stock seats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
That front seat bracket mod is the coolest passenger seat mod I have ever seen!
If you make them, I will buy one.. or more.

Dlish

All my spare fluids and parts have been sitting in a milk-crate and a beat tool box, so had some spare time at work and fabbed up a box to hold all the stuff.

Its made from 1/2'' Seaboard (HDPE). Added a couple dividers to hold a coolant bottle and oil, then a shelf too.

Attachments

• Tool Box.jpeg
    Tool Box.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 235
  • Box inside.jpeg
    Box inside.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 239
  • Box shelf.jpeg
    Box shelf.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 218

ZOSO

Any more pics on how this is done? This is the reason I haven't upgraded seats and still use the factory crappy ones.

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
All my spare fluids and parts have been sitting in a milk-crate and a beat tool box, so had some spare time at work and fabbed up a box to hold all the stuff.

Its made from 1/2'' Seaboard (HDPE). Added a couple dividers to hold a coolant bottle and oil, then a shelf too.

Very nice did you use a plastic welding setup to construct it? I have a plastic welding setup but just have not used it that much. I think I used it once to fix a cracked radiator fan housing but I was pretty impressed with the results. I need to do some more projects in plastics.

Dlish

Very nice did you use a plastic welding setup to construct it? I have a plastic welding setup but just have not used it that much. I think I used it once to fix a cracked radiator fan housing but I was pretty impressed with the results. I need to do some more projects in plastics.

Yeap, I work in a plastic fab and machine shop. I am on the office side of the business so my welds are terrible compared to the guys in the shop, but they hold up and this box is tough...looking forward to bashing it around on the trail.

Next project is a Bronco bikini/safari top made out of the same material. We have started doing custom boat tops to replace worn out canvas, basically heating and molding to match the shape of the frame, then can add tracks for windows or led lights.

Attachments

• Polar White Top in shop.JPG
    Polar White Top in shop.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 330
  • Bill Top LED 2.JPG
    Bill Top LED 2.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 370
  • Bill Top LED.JPG
    Bill Top LED.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 386

DuctTape

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bozeman, MT
Next project is a Bronco bikini/safari top made out of the same material. We have started doing custom boat tops to replace worn out canvas, basically heating and molding to match the shape of the frame, then can add tracks for windows or led lights.

That is an awesome idea. I bet our vendors would be interested. How much would something like that cost to mass produce?

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
Yeap, I work in a plastic fab and machine shop. I am on the office side of the business so my welds are terrible compared to the guys in the shop, but they hold up and this box is tough...looking forward to bashing it around on the trail.

That is nice, I need to get with the times, I am good with glass/carbon fiber and pretty much any metal but just have not done much with plastic. I have some projects on the boat coming up and think I may try to incorporate plastics. How does it hold up for deck hatches on boats, one hatch I need to replace is the engine access hatch which is about 3 ft x 5 ft. it would have to be able to support the weight of a 250 lbs man walking over it.

Dlish

That is an awesome idea. I bet our vendors would be interested. How much would something like that cost to mass produce?

Cost wouldn't be the issue, the material isn't that expensive. My biggest concern would be fitment. There are so many different rollbars and mounting options, not to mention how tweaked the bodies/windshields may be. Ill keep the thread updated as I get mine in the shop and we see just how not-square/out-of-alignment my rig is.

That is nice, I need to get with the times, I am good with glass/carbon fiber and pretty much any metal but just have not done much with plastic. I have some projects on the boat coming up and think I may try to incorporate plastics. How does it hold up for deck hatches on boats, one hatch I need to replace is the engine access hatch which is about 3 ft x 5 ft. it would have to be able to support the weight of a 250 lbs man walking over it.

The material is awesome for hatches, it was initially made for marine applications, UV stabilized and color won't change at all. A 3x5 span...the issue is that it is flexible. If I set a 5ft piece between a two of blocks (at each end) it would hold the weight with breaking, but the center would sag way down. Add a support to the other sides (all 4 sides) and the material may flex a little, but again no issues holding the weight. Our challenges have come from old boat frames built to hold canvas, not the weight of 1/2in material and a human on top. And as you have a welder, a couple of simple ribs would help minimize flex even more.

Last edited:

Dlish

Bring this thread back up.

Just a little last minute before Roundup, but working on the top for the Bronco...

The top is going to mount to the rollbar, and I didn't want to use metal "U" clamps to hold it on. So we are making some U clamps out of the same material (HDPE) to bolt the top to around the rollbar. They are about 4.5in across and were just running in the mill.

Edit: adding a picture of final part. Going to use a low profile carriage type bolt through the top, then through the holes in the "U" bracket and a small nylon nut on the bottom to hold it all together.

I hope.

Attachments

• Top machine1.JPG
    Top machine1.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 222
  • top machine2.JPG
    top machine2.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 217
  • Top Keeper.JPG
    Top Keeper.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

bludorbronc

Dana 70

I drive a 74 bronco that I have been breaking parts in the dana 44,since I bought it in 77. I finally got tired of it, so I built a dana 70 front axle. I run 37 boogers,5:13 gears,35 splines and an ARB with hydro assist steering. Now no breaking.i love it.

Last edited:

bludorbronc

Need for less speed

I wanted more control over my rig in the difficult parts. I already had granny low,Dana 20 straight shift 2.46and 5.13 gears. But I felt the need for slower movement. So I started thinking and I developed a doubler using a np 203,1.98. So with everything doubled down ,I ended up with 167 to 1. And when done I am only 5/8 of an inch longer than stock. I love it.

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
I drive a 74 bronco that I have been breaking parts in the dana 44,since I bought it in 77. I finally got tired of it, so I built a dana 70 front axle. I run 37 boogers,5:13 gears,35 splines and an ARB with hydro assist steering. Now no breaking.i love it.
Got any pics of the D70 beast? Bronco too.

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Made a simple punch to punch out 1/2" tabs for filling in holes on the body of the bronco.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 254

bludorbronc

You ask me for pictures of my 70. Well I took some with my I pad Now I cant get them on this space ,any clues.

bludorbronc

If you look up community, look up membership , look up Iowa, look up bludorbronc, look up post started by, you should be able to see my red bronco.its for sale.