• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford Bronco 1973 Kit: CC01 R/C kit

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Ok who has the Ford Bronco 1973 Kit: CC01 R/C? I am thinking about buying one. Other than putting it together and painting it, what wwill I need to get it going? Thanks

ilovemaui

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pacific Moist West
You'll need a battery, charger and controller. Make use you use locktite on the chassis and running gear screws. The motor has a lot of torque and will tear itself apart on hard surfaces. You'll have two options for constructing the differentials. I recommend the full lock option.

I painted mine to look almost exactly like my rig.

Attachments

• RC-withHL.jpg
    RC-withHL.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 93

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Hmmmm...I have a radio & receiver, looks like I found my next build!

GusI

Loc.
Issaquah, WA
I just finished mine. I went with the color scheme of my rig. I'm waiting for the proper light to do the same bronco on bronco shot ("It's turtles all the way down!") when I have some good natural light. (I live in Seattle).

I think the CC-01 is a great kit and it drives really well. I've done some test crawling over some sprawled about garden hose and it handled it all well. We took it to a local park for a little more exciting natural terrain but technical difficulties scuttled the test.

The kit is put together with Japanese machine screws which, I've been told at the hobby shot, are conveniently just different enough to US toolsets that you'll want to buy yourself a set of Tamiya tools. I tried to use the precision screwdrivers I have for electronics work and failed. Result was that the rear differential blew up when the screws all backed out. Next, the rear suspension rattled itself apart. Now that I have the proper drivers and I can apply real torque to the fasteners I have had no further issues.

The CC-01 steering assembly sucks. You will want to pick up a modified set of bits for it. The GPM CC-01 Alloy Steering Assembly Set receives good reviews online.

GusI

Loc.
Issaquah, WA
I got a kit with an ESC and LED lights. It did not contain:
* receiver
* radio
* battery
* charger

I picked up one of the 2.4Ghz spread spectrum units and I would strongly recommend it. I'm able to run it far further than I need to and the radio doesn't even protrude through the roof. I wish I hadn't pre-drilled the radio hole.

I've only picked up one battery so far. The 3400 mAh battery will provide drive power for the better part of an hour. I'm planning to pick up 1 more Tamiya kit, an on road race car, and when I do I will be picking up 2 or 3 additional batteries.