• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duff radius arms

OP
OP
Monster Mike

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
so good, its a pain in the butt to unpack. Kinda like Christmas but takes longer. Then you got this foam / cardboard box that is impossible to break down to throw away.
Can you tell im bored at work right now?

Lol yes we can tell!!

We're actually fine tuning our packaging more. A refinement I'd like to call it. Instead of letting the foam stick to the box and the bag around the radius arm we are using a foam pillow that is custom set in each box. Now your heavy arm can have a safe ride plus the box is far easier to get into and is reusable.

Thanks Steve, we certainly try our best. We train our employees to care about the customers in every step they take. We're certainly not perfect though. ;)

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Lol yes we can tell!!

We're actually fine tuning our packaging more. A refinement I'd like to call it. Instead of letting the foam stick to the box and the bag around the radius arm we are using a foam pillow that is custom set in each box. Now your heavy arm can have a safe ride plus the box is far easier to get into and is reusable.

Thanks Steve, we certainly try our best. We train our employees to care about the customers in every step they take. We're certainly not perfect though. ;)

I must be bored to, or distracted....LOL

if you were perfect, that would be a whole other subject..... Its not about being perfect, its about putting your best foot forward, caring, and believing that doing it right is right and no matter what pays you back tomorrow. We have a saying here "Its not that we're perfect, its about learning, doing your best and most importantly what you do about it when you fail"

OP
OP
Monster Mike

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I must be bored to, or distracted....LOL

if you were perfect, that would be a whole other subject..... Its not about being perfect, its about putting your best foot forward, caring, and believing that doing it right is right and no matter what pays you back tomorrow. We have a saying here "Its not that we're perfect, its about learning, doing your best and most importantly what you do about it when you fail"

Great saying, thx Steve :cool:

stpdhurts

Loc.
Havre, Montana
I am happy to see this post. I have been looking at radius arms lately to clear new 35's
and have decided this is the pair I want. I like the ideas other companies use but they all look garage built. These are by far the best looking arms on the market and I will be ordering a set very soon.

OP
OP
Monster Mike

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I am happy to see this post. I have been looking at radius arms lately to clear new 35's
and have decided this is the pair I want. I like the ideas other companies use but they all look garage built. These are by far the best looking arms on the market and I will be ordering a set very soon.

We really appreciate that sir!

OP
OP
Monster Mike

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
some were asking about our packaging process on these arms. our last shipper was encasing the entire arm in foam and that really is the best way to ensure they arrive in the box to your door no matter what lol.

there were a few things we thought we could do better. first of all the arm was sitting at the bottom of the box when it was encased in foam so if the box suffered a hard enough hit the powder coat could be damaged in transit. we also didn't like how the customer had to literally destroy the box to get their arms out. with so much foam around the parts sometimes the customer had to dig to find everything. with the radius arms its not that bad but the monster kits were like that. third of all Foam is very expensive these days! its 5 times more expensive now than it was in the 90's.

In the pictures you can see, i create a foam pillow then set the arm down onto it while the foam is still forming. then i place a small styrofoam buffer between the arm and the frame brackets (the box at the end) the hardware box is then set in place in the middle of the box and i then make another foam pillow that holds everything in place. now you have the arm protected on every side and the box is much easier to get into. We also save a few bucks on foam. its a big win for everyone :cool:

JSmall

Bronco Guru
The new way looks good. Mine were packed the old way and I didn't mind the foam. It took a little more time to open, but that was the fun part.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Dude it took me an hour on front arms and at least 61 mins to unpack the 4 link, No better packing anywhere!!!

WASP1971

Loc.
Mary Esther, Florida
I have these arms on my 78 Bronco. Awesome product. Wish I had gone with them on my 69 but I felt I needed those adjustable caster things from BC's

Attachments

• IMG_0950.JPG
    IMG_0950.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 123

stus70brc

Contributor
I just ordered my 3rd set of these arms!! There awesome! My 76 halfcab has them, the 74 project I'm working on now and now ole blue is getting its on set!!

OP
OP
Monster Mike

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I have these arms on my 78 Bronco. Awesome product. Wish I had gone with them on my 69 but I felt I needed those adjustable caster things from BC's

someones gotta be a Guinea pig right ;D Gotta say thanks for being the Guinea pig on that "sweet thunder"exhaust kit too. probably saved a lot of other guys from a headache. In all honesty though Im very sorry you had to be part of that.

I just ordered my 3rd set of these arms!! There awesome! My 76 halfcab has them, the 74 project I'm working on now and now ole blue is getting its own set!!

Thats Awesome! Thanks for your Business Stu ;D

NYLES

Bronco Guru
sure I love being first in a line. You know, First guy to go down the hill, first guy to cross the rope bridge, heck yeah I love being first.

I'm NOT following you across no rope bridge!

OP
OP
Monster Mike

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I stopped by Duffs a couple weeks ago to pick up some things, and they were very busy getting shipments out. As busy as they were they offered me a tour of the facility, and introduced me to everyone and check out the many broncos in the shop. The Fabrication shop had already gone for the day, but I got to tour their shop, All I can say is, I was very impressed...I used to own a welding company, so this means a lot. I could go on and on about what a great company they are, but I'm late getting in on this hobby and most of you already know how good they are. If you are ever in or near Knoxville, please stop in and check them out it is worth your time. (They also have 2 great shop dogs you will want to take home also).
T-Bird

Really cool meeting you. It's always a thrill when this fancy internet box brings us bronco brethren together :cool:

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I predict you will be selling a monster 3.5 lift kit to fla very soon

Attac

Contributor
%)

Make that 4.
I just went and looked at another bronco I found 2 miles from my house. It has been sitting behind a house since 95. Great shape though.
So that will be the 3rd this week. I think I have a problem

OP
OP
Monster Mike

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

Sweet!

%)

Make that 4.
I just went and looked at another bronco I found 2 miles from my house. It has been sitting behind a house since 95. Great shape though.
So that will be the 3rd this week. I think I have a problem

It's one helluva problem to have ;D

bax

Contributor
Old Member
My customer purchased the kit a few days back, so my guess is its on the way.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Sweet!

It's one helluva problem to have ;D

First thing Sunday morning this guy Monster Mike is out beatin' the bushes, selling his wares. I like This guy.

This Monster Mike guy is definitely a hard worker.
Wish I had about 10 of him working for me.
If I did I might hit those magic numbers every month that corporate is always whining about.

Kudos to ya Monster Mike.
You have changed a lot of people's thoughts on customer service......not an easy thing to do here at CB.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I liked them even before Mike. To me, Mike is just icing on the cake.