• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door panel question

roparsons

I installed 1 replacement door panel insert withdraw seal and was going to do the passenger side the next day. My wife tossed out the seal thinking orcas packing paper from the box of other parts I ordered.

I really dont want to order another pair and wait for delivery so is there any reason I can't cut and attach plastic sheeting to the back of the panel insert?

Thanks!!

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I would cut it and attach it to the door itself with sealer or tape so that it seals the door. You want it to protect the panel but also keep moisture from entering your interior. Double sided tape works well for this.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm installing my door seal and was looking for the sting putty that is used to attach it. Is there something specific that comes on a roll or do people just use some kind of caulking or roofing butyl tape like this:

Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 14-12-04 Gibraltar Building Products 50 ft Butyl Sealant Tape Roof Ac...png

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I used the thicker double sided tape a few years ago. I removed the panel a few weeks ago to install power windows and it was still doing its job.