• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1972 Bronco Wedding Build

TinaTheBronco

Contributor
Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself and my project! I have a 1972 Bronco that me and my fiancee are looking to turn into a nice drivable rig. The challenge is we want to complete it by our wedding so we can drive away from the ceremony in it, in less than a year. So, needless to say it's going to be a push to get it done! We just pulled it out last night to get started.

Attachments

• 20240507_212719.jpg
    20240507_212719.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 20240507_212914.jpg
    20240507_212914.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 71

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Congratulations! And good luck on the build.

Start a "build thread" here to keep you motivated! Looks like a solid start.

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
It can be done…. 8mos ago, I started with a frame, frozen drivetrain and a rusted out body.

Working on weekend days (despite 3 weeklong business trips), today the truck is 90%. I’m finishing the cage and am just down to a few small bodywork areas before it comes off the skates for its first firing.

Work done:
Full frame restoration and driveline installation
Front and rear diffs built by me
Floors, quarters, rockers, inner rockers, inner fenders, new fenders and 1 new door.

I forecast it’ll be in paint before the end of May and drivable by mid June. That’ll be 9-10min start to finish and I started with Swiss cheese.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome and Congratulations. Great way to start a marriage!

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
I have a 1972 Bronco that me and my fiancee are looking to turn into a nice drivable rig.
welcome! so a few questions: 1 - what shape is it in now? 2 - what you want to have to consider it a nice drivable rig and 3 - are you doing the work yourself?

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Welcome to the best source of knowledge on ALL things early Bronco and the most helpful people around! I think I would have given up on my restoration if not for the encouragement and advice from members on CB forum. Good luck with the build and the upcoming wedding.
I have a very understanding wife. After 5 years of working on mine, she no longer asks, “when will we be able to drive it”, but “when are you gonna start putting parts back ON it”?

Randy

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Welcome and congratulation on your engagement. As many have said, this is a great place for help and advice. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
Awesome! If you are going to do the motor/trans/t-case, take those out first. Then get it to paint & body ASAP, those shops can take forever. Axles/suspension/lifts can be done later and in not too much time.

-JB