• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cross Country Transport

RealJakeMalloy

I need to ship my Bronco from Georgia to California. Any recommendations? The truck is is good shape but by no means needs "white glove" service. It does need to arrive on time and in the same condition as when it left. It has a soft top and all the inserts.

Any suggestions? Anyone do this before?

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
I had a friend that drove a car hauler for dealerships cross country (the semi truck trailers) and if he had an open spot he would transport personal vehicles back and forth between East and West coasts. You might check with an auto dealership and see if they know a hauler like that.

Randy

White Knight

Contributor
I just shipped mine from California to Alabama….. used AJN Transport from a recommendation on here. Janelle is her name. Very honest and had it here in 3 days- I don’t have a top so shipped enclosed for under $2k and it was riding with a $180k custom Porsche Carrera GTR
+1 (989) 277-0344

OP
OP
R

RealJakeMalloy

many carriers won't ship with a soft top. if it were me i'd opt for enclosed trailer
Good to know. I can take the soft top off as long as the Bronco is underneath other cars, potentially. Does not seem like a great idea, however.

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
Good to know. I can take the soft top off as long as the Bronco is underneath other cars, potentially. Does not seem like a great idea, however.

what i'm saying is they won't open transport your car unless the hard top is on. too many things that could damage the car. i've shipped 5 cars now and have close friends that have shipped too. i've seen enough damage that if this bronco means anything to you (and is in decent condition), i would not be shipping it open trailer. yes you will pay more, but it is worth it. you don't control the route or stops of the car hauler

you can try Uship for quotes and bids

OP
OP
R

RealJakeMalloy

what i'm saying is they won't open transport your car unless the hard top is on. too many things that could damage the car. i've shipped 5 cars now and have close friends that have shipped too. i've seen enough damage that if this bronco means anything to you (and is in decent condition), i would not be shipping it open trailer. yes you will pay more, but it is worth it. you don't control the route or stops of the car hauler

you can try Uship for quotes and bids
Makes sense. It is in good enough shape that I don't want to save $$ but risk damage necessarily.