• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Original 1967 Bronco

Servocrank

Hey everyone. I am a new poster and this is also my first post…although I have been on other ford forums for pickup trucks and Custom 500’s … I have yet to post on this bronco forum. Full disclosure I do not own a Bronco. But I come here with the need for some information and some guidance because I know someone who does.

A long time family friend has a 1967 Bronco that is in fantastic shape. It has a 289 with three on the tree and no rust. It’s been sitting for a while but ran when it was put in storage. (2007 to the best of my knowledge) How does someone go about placing a value on such a vehicle? I see on web sites broncos of that age that have been redone for crazy prices.. But not to many that are being pulled out of storage Like this one. Please understand we are not in the position to sell the rig…at the moment. But I am trying to help him come to a good price when he does. (Not sure of the time line) He is computer less so anything that I can pass on to him would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

EsdTxt.jpg

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
10 years ago I bought this nearly bone stock '67 from the original owner. The Bronco had the original 289 replaced in 1992, was repainted the stock color at that time, and had the upholstery re-done. The original owner cut the quarters in 1969. Prices hadn't yet skyrocketed when I purchased for $15k, but at the peak of the EB market, I wouldn't have taken less than $60k. These days as I feel prices have softened, I'd say mine is worth $45k. Mine has never sat for years, it's always been run, driven, and maintained. I have records going back to the late '70s for it. Compare what you're selling to what I bought and the info above. Price accordingly.

Attachments

• IMG_3881.JPG
    IMG_3881.JPG
    219.7 KB · Views: 17

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
Another one of my favorites! Untouched they are only original once. Prices on these are hard. It’s what someone wants to pay and what you want to let it go for .

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Looks to have some cool 67 features. Chrome trim on drip rail? Does it have the dash lower chrome trim? Not big items for value but still desirable for collectors.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
depends on how it was put away for the last 17 years and what he does to it before selling.

While really a cool time capsule, any car that was just parked for 17 years is going to need a LOT of work and cash to get road worthy.

bgaller

A few variables to consider in my eyes. This is an early model, meaning it doesn't have the "creature comforts" like power steering, power brakes, C4, etc. It does appear to have fantastic patina in a desirable color, so that's pretty cool. I would put a value of between $25k-30k. You're right that people are still asking crazy prices, but I don't think they actually sell for those prices anymore. Of course, this is assuming the door pillars are solid and the floors aren't swiss cheese.

bgaller

Looks to have some cool 67 features. Chrome trim on drip rail? Does it have the dash lower chrome trim? Not big items for value but still desirable for collectors.

Wasn't the dash trim only on the sport models?

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Wasn't the dash trim only on the sport models?
Yes. The Dash Trim was only on the '67 Sport Broncos. Some had upper and lower and some just had the lower..... Just some Ford craziness....

The drip rail trim that Scoop was referring to was also only on the Sport models from '67 to '71, except for the halfcab in '72 which had the drip rail trim...Yes.. crazy...

And for the record, the '67 that this thread is about is not a Sport. It's just a base Bronco with beltline molding.

OP
OP
S

Servocrank

10 years ago I bought this nearly bone stock '67 from the original owner. The Bronco had the original 289 replaced in 1992, was repainted the stock color at that time, and had the upholstery re-done. The original owner cut the quarters in 1969. Prices hadn't yet skyrocketed when I purchased for $15k, but at the peak of the EB market, I wouldn't have taken less than $60k. These days as I feel prices have softened, I'd say mine is worth $45k. Mine has never sat for years, it's always been run, driven, and maintained. I have records going back to the late '70s for it. Compare what you're selling to what I bought and the info above. Price accordingly.
Thank you for this!

OP
OP
S

Servocrank

depends on how it was put away for the last 17 years and what he does to it before selling.

While really a cool time capsule, any car that was just parked for 17 years is going to need a LOT of work and cash to get road worthy.
Yea I agree. It has been in a very dry area and I can find no rust so I think he has that going for him.

OP
OP
S

Servocrank

A few variables to consider in my eyes. This is an early model, meaning it doesn't have the "creature comforts" like power steering, power brakes, C4, etc. It does appear to have fantastic patina in a desirable color, so that's pretty cool. I would put a value of between $25k-30k. You're right that people are still asking crazy prices, but I don't think they actually sell for those prices anymore. Of course, this is assuming the door pillars are solid and the floors aren't swiss cheese.
Everything is in great condition except for the drivers seat and a arm rest. Floor boards are great and nothing has been cut on this Bronco. One ding in the tail gate but its not big by any means.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
Yea I agree. It has been in a very dry area and I can find no rust so I think he has that going for him.
Yeah I was looking more at what would be needed to get it drivable. Big difference between "it ran great 17 years ago" and "here's the keys, take her out for a drive".

If it were mine, I would invest the few thousand it's going to take just to get it back on the road as a safe driving vehicle and sell it as that way. I think that will get him the best bang for the buck. Maybe 25k with it up and running. Maybe 30k in California.....Seems that prices here have softened quite a bit for the bone stocker/patina rigs.

Cool truck. I'm sure he will have no problem selling!

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
some realize that these vehicles have hit the ‘classic cars’ deffinition (not mine, but that’s nother thing). As such the less done the more worth. This gets
into the deffinition of “survivor” as well. Think 30s, 40s, 50s Harley. Think 1909 penny (S. VDB) My belief? the bronk w/all the bolt ons (what brought better prices pre-covid) might bring less than a #2 or 3 level (national scale is on a 5 level) roadster...
So: able to consistantly start, idle/accelerate ok, safely stop might be all some would do for it (all can B quite a bit for a 17 yr sleep). Getting all lights and others to opperate (doors open close, etc) adiquate tire and not much more (like ball joints, tierod, etc to pass state inspection) might Not be on the card for sales. Obviously, cleaned, 25 pic, a vid, use of auction AND one on the net all brings in higher sales price. Finally, several months (3 to 18) pr- sale exposure with the same kind of banter in post #1 ("WE are not selling”) can increase sales price pre-listing. Go on the other sites just as you did above and I predict a return (for this rig) to winter 2020 final hammer (bronks were #1 in sales price at that time).