• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Icon Bronco style sectional carpet kit?

gotdads68

Any upholstery shop can sew edging onto pieces you bring in to them. They will need to be cut smaller overall to account for the edging material depending on what type you go with. Would be a lot cheaper than having them piece it all out themselves, the shop will just charge you edging material and sewing labor. Think of it as making a bunch of custom shaped floor mats that all butt up against one another.

Jamie Chriss

I see my carpet attempt photo. I ended up cutting all the pieces of Chilwick and couldn't find someone the sew the seams. I ended up having my upholstery shop do a new one for me. I think if I had a heavy-duty sewing machine that would accept the deep of trim, I could have done it. There are some challenges, but with the right machine it could be a money maker.

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
I plan on doing this when I redo my bronco for the second time, here's a youtube video of a guy that made his own sectional carpet kit similar to the icon bronco flooring. He installed metal buttons to snap the carpet together

hharrison

Is there any company that makes a good sectional/removable carpet kit, like the style and look in Icon broncos?

I would like something to put in over the Line-X to reduce noise , but I would also like to remove it if I want to.

Sticking Dynamat all over everything and then installing a typical carpet kit seems too permanent.

hharrison

I have done all the same research looking for Icon-style Chilowich panels, but have been unsuccessful in finding anyone who makes them or who can customize them. ICON said they do not make them unless you buy their Broncos. My local upholstery shop said the material is too thick for them to sew even though the Chilowich material with the Biofelt backing isn't that thick. Sailrite makes a machine to sew it, but I really don't want to have to buy their $1000+ heavy duty sewing machine to do it myself. I've made templates of all the floor sections and it would be easy to cut out the Chilowich material and bind it. Has anyone had any success in getting floor panels made like the ones PCDan describes above?

broncojohn

A interesting panel and really looks like boat flooring material. Not sure if it’s the same but very similar.. You may want to check other sewing places as this material isn’t that thick or hard to do as trim upholstery guys sew thru 6 layers on a daily basis and very common .

As for the sewing that product and on the materials I have a sewing machine that sews thru 3/4 leather like a horse’s saddle or a holster. So any local tach shop (horse upholstery joint) should help you in your search..
Sailrite make a good sewing machine but not sure it’s commercially designed machine as I don’t have one but have buddies that like there’s. I recommend sewing heavy materials as such cowboys sewing machines reproduction of singer , phaff and consew commercial machines

Colo77Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Colorado Springs
I have done all the same research looking for Icon-style Chilowich panels, but have been unsuccessful in finding anyone who makes them or who can customize them. ICON said they do not make them unless you buy their Broncos. My local upholstery shop said the material is too thick for them to sew even though the Chilowich material with the Biofelt backing isn't that thick. Sailrite makes a machine to sew it, but I really don't want to have to buy their $1000+ heavy duty sewing machine to do it myself. I've made templates of all the floor sections and it would be easy to cut out the Chilowich material and bind it. Has anyone had any success in getting floor panels made like the ones PCDan describes above?
Look on Northeast Classic Ford parts at the kits by Disruptive Restomods