• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Good hunting day today!

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
Slow day today around here, just too hot to do any kind of work outside. So Boone and I headed looking and riding. I had heard of a guy that had a lot of old ford parts about 20 miles from me. He was off the main road and on a dead in road, so not too many people travel past him. I drive up and he and another guy are working on an old falcon. I told him I was looking for some early seat belt parts. Bingo! he had several sets I could make some nice ones for the roadster. So I told him I was into broncos and he said he thought he had some old bumpers. he dug them out and had two 66-67 front bumpers. They are very straight with very little rust, one white and one chrome, both need restored. It turned into a good day...very good day! ;D

Attachments

• IMG_4047.jpg
    IMG_4047.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 182

Jedhead

Anything 66 20 miles from home is a huge find. Even if you don't need it there are many who do!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Congrats on the score. Love how it works out sometimes

Gupster88

Contributor
Guppy
Loc.
Tillamook OR
Nice find T Bird. Sure is fun tracking down leads. One of my favorite things to do. Nicely done on finding a rare part X2 even. Keep enjoying “ The Hunt “

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great find! If the belts are 66 only Do you know they are dated on the back. My sept 65 Roadster has july of 65 seat belts in it.Also do the belts have the angled piece that mounts to the floor or are they flat? Guy didnt have any 66 Hubcaps laying around?
frenchy

OP
OP
T-Bird

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
Great find! If the belts are 66 only Do you know they are dated on the back. My sept 65 Roadster has july of 65 seat belts in it.Also do the belts have the angled piece that mounts to the floor or are they flat? Guy didnt have any 66 Hubcaps laying around?
frenchy
Unfortunately no hubcaps. :(
I'm using the floor mounts I have and having them rechromed. I was able to get a pair of good mustang belts dated 7-65 same as mine. the webbing and buckles on mine are pretty bad. Some of the mustang belts do have a angled mounts but are different than broncos, I have found that F100's are the same as broncos.