• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA In search of 66-75 Title

70 EB

Looking to purchase a clean title, preferably in California but other states would be fine too. I don't need the frame, Glove Box with VIN tag would be a plus but not necessary. PM if you have something.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Write what you said on a postcard, stick it on the bulletin board at your local DMV along with your name and number. Somebody will get back to you.....

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Is it still a "clean title" if it changes hands without the frame? The warranty plate from the glove box door can be ordered from Marti, as well as the door post sticker.

murdador

Mr. Member
Guys, guys, guys, wait a minute here. Before we start scolding him for possibly wanting to commit fraud, we gotta get after him for posting in the wrong place first. And then we can start questioning him on title shenanigans. ;D

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Guys, guys, guys, wait a minute here. Before we start scolding him for possibly wanting to commit fraud, we gotta get after him for posting in the wrong place first. And then we can start questioning him on title shenanigans. ;D

Thanks! Yes the beatings must happen in an orderly fashion!.

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I agree the title must accompany a frame stamped VIN. In the lovely state of CA you must have CHP verify the vehicle and they are VERY detailed in inspection as they did my Ghia. They even know where the "secret" places are for VIN.

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Thanks! Yes the beatings must happen in an orderly fashion!.

The proprieties at all times must be observed!

Looking to purchase a clean title, preferably in California but other states would be fine too. I don't need the frame, Glove Box with VIN tag would be a plus but not necessary. PM if you have something.

Hey, in the course of your search, if you comes across a seller that will throw in some intact "historical" plates for counterfeiting hundred dollar bills, you'll want to jump on that deal before it gets away!

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sit tight as there is a bill in the assembly attempting to make smog exemption from 1983 and earlier. It is on FB under "Californians For Classic Car Smog Exemptions"

BroncoBilly69

Loc.
Whiskeytown Ca
Sit tight as there is a bill in the assembly attempting to make smog exemption from 1983 and earlier. It is on FB under "Californians For Classic Car Smog Exemptions"

First off, any bill in California that begins with: "Californians for..." is usually laughed at for at least a minimum of 5 years before beginning to be taken serious. I believe these bills begin in what is referred to as the "Save the Whales, Eat More Tuna category...:-*

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Boyd Coddington got in the spotlight for falsely stating the value of the vehicles he built/ modified to save on taxes paid to the California dmv
by using Alabama titles or something

The best thing for the OP to do is buy a compete rusted smashed junker EB that comes with a title

And “restore “ it

If you buy just a title and or glovebox , it’s possible that there is another EB out there registered using the same VIN on the frame

You need to get a compete vehicle

That said , I don’t have a title to the EB I’ve owned for 26 years , never have , not required in my state .
I’ve also never been able to find the VIN on the frame