• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Buying/Selling A Bronco at SC question -

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If I bring one down to Townsend to try to sell is it easy to find a notary there?

Any other things I'd need to consider other than having my title/registration, locating a notary, etc?

Thanks for any advice!

Norm

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
You probably also want a Bill of Sale with all the vehicle info and terms of the sale, sold “as is”, buyer has inspected the vehicle, payment has been received etc, and space for the buyers name. You would want to get that notarized as well. Maybe two copies, one for you and one for the buyer....

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hey Norm, ping Suzy / Mike, they are local and likely could source that if needed for a notary..

75MIKE

Loc.
NE Washington
You probably also want a Bill of Sale with all the vehicle info and terms of the sale, sold “as is”, buyer has inspected the vehicle, payment has been received etc, and space for the buyers name. You would want to get that notarized as well. Maybe two copies, one for you and one for the buyer....

I agree about 2 copies. You'll want the buyers info to fill out your sellers report with the state when you get home. At least Washington requires it. A good idea anyway to release your liability ASAP on the vehicle.
My 2 cents.

Tugross302

I’ll be bringing a title. Who knows? I may not come home with the same bronco I take

OP
OP
ared77

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks everybody.

Tugross302 do you already have a notary down there or will you be looking for one too?

Norm

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
BB&T Bank in Townsend should be able to notarize. You might give them a call. There is also UPS Store in Pigeon Forge. They all have someone who can notarize. I use them a lot.

Tugross302

Thanks everybody.

Tugross302 do you already have a notary down there or will you be looking for one too?

Norm

Not in particular. I know there are some Broncos that get sold there ( like the game warden half cab last year) I’ll figure something out if it comes to that

OP
OP
ared77

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Due to me owning a business and being hard to get away, I usually don't even get down there till Friday afternoon, hang out Saturday, head home Sunday morning. Last couple of years I've brought my best Bronco the '66 I bought from this site. Usually just park on the outskirts of the show, drive the back roads, etc. Soooo... I just told the wife "we ought to take the '74 this time, throw a For Sale sign on it and see what happens!" It's fun to drive with no doors or top and if it sells, good, if not no problem! In other words I'm not real concerned if I sell it or not. And because of the rusty floorboards I'd feel better if the person buying it could look at it in person!:)

Norm

This one - https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299834

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
if need be ... I am a notary.. :cool: ;) I do it for free, just bring a blank bill of sale !!!

well you can buy me a beer ...hahaha

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am also a notary, but would it need to be a TN notary?

OP
OP
ared77

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anybody know the answer? I wouldn't think so.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
A quick search answered the question. A notary can only notarize while inside the geographical boundary of the state in which they hold a commission. An exception would be a bordering state which had a reciprocal agreement.

So, if you buy in Tennessee, you would need a notary commissioned in the state of Tennessee.

https://www.asnnotary.org/?form=jurisdictionissues

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Sounds fun.... :)

Due to me owning a business and being hard to get away, I usually don't even get down there till Friday afternoon, hang out Saturday, head home Sunday morning. Last couple of years I've brought my best Bronco the '66 I bought from this site. Usually just park on the outskirts of the show, drive the back roads, etc. Soooo... I just told the wife "we ought to take the '74 this time, throw a For Sale sign on it and see what happens!" It's fun to drive with no doors or top and if it sells, good, if not no problem! In other words I'm not real concerned if I sell it or not. And because of the rusty floorboards I'd feel better if the person buying it could look at it in person!:)

Norm

This one - https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299834