• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Can I get a pic of the Emergency Brake ?

dedgar

I think my emergency brake cable is messed up a bit underneath. Particularly the passenger side. Can anyone take a pic where it's suppose to be attached to the frame and such? thanks

AC932

Contributor
No doubt it's wrong, but I connected mine to the leaf spring, then to the frame, and then one of the bed support rails.

xfi8GpR.jpg

ZLQWnRG.jpg

The melted insulation is from when my muffler blew up, isn't actually getting that hot.

chuckyb

Contributor
I think I have mine set up like OEM. The passenger side cable goes through the loop on the exhaust hanger on its way to the driver side. The driveshaft obscures it a bit in the picture.

Attachments

• FFCD0644-A3CA-47A6-97D7-DE5D6CD40B6F.jpg
    FFCD0644-A3CA-47A6-97D7-DE5D6CD40B6F.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
dedgar

dedgar

I think I have mine set up like OEM. The passenger side cable goes through the loop on the exhaust hanger on its way to the driver side. The driveshaft obscures it a bit in the picture.

thanks. Looks like it goes over the springs on it's way too. I wonder how mine wound up under them?

OP
OP
dedgar

dedgar

No, it's clearly shown going UNDER the Left leaf pack. The Right pack isn't shown in the diagram, so IDK, but I assume it went under that one, too.

so is mines set up correctly? From the pics I posted?

chuckyb

Contributor
so is mines set up correctly? From the pics I posted?

I'm not sure. I found other posts suggesting that the cables should route above the leaf springs to avoid situations where flexing the suspension would place tension on the cables. With no suspension lift and one inch body lift, I found the stock sized cables to be too short. I replaced both of the rear cables with the longer ones sold for lifted Broncos.