• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

16 and17" wheel question

trophybass

Loc.
Plant City, Florida
Ok i Know the wheel backspacing thing has been beat to death but i kindof kave a new ? about it. I am looking at the pro comp xtreme alloy 1069's and the 16x8 and 10" rims are bs'd @ 4" and the 17x9's are at 4.75" will either of these work with my factory dana 44 w/p/db? I would really like the 17's but i dont want to be stuck with a set of great looking wheels i cant use. Also does anyone know if these wheels have the same size holes as the eagle 186's? I'm looking for huge holes like the robby gordons have, just not for that huge price. Thanks, Alex
oh i will be running 35's if that matters

fire bronc

Loc.
iowa
Rims

I'm Running The 17x9 Rims Right Now With 35 Traxus Muds And The Bronco Looks Great And Drives Great Alittle Rub On Radius Arms At Full Turn Lock , Mine Is 90% Street 10 Offroad So This Is Not A Problem To Me. I'm Running 6 Inches Of Lift 3" Susp.3" Body.

OP
OP
trophybass

trophybass

Loc.
Plant City, Florida
fire bronc said:
I'm Running The 17x9 Rims Right Now With 35 Traxus Muds And The Bronco Looks Great And Drives Great Alittle Rub On Radius Arms At Full Turn Lock , Mine Is 90% Street 10 Offroad So This Is Not A Problem To Me. I'm Running 6 Inches Of Lift 3" Susp.3" Body.

Hell, my 33's rubbed the radius arms at full lock so to solve that i just quit turning it ALL the way ;) Mine will also be 90% street and 10%OR.Do you happen to know the backspacing on your rims? Also do you run a factory front disc setup? And do you have some pics? Sorry for all of the?'s its just a big investment and i want to be sure i make the right decision.

Daddy4zack

Loc.
El Dorado Hills
I have had nothin but trouble tring to find 16-17" wheels with the correct backspacing.. I think i will go with a 16X8 with 4" backspacing and use a wheel spacer.. this sucks..

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
16 inch wheel

trophybass
There was a 16 inch rim option on Broncos when they were made. I saw a set for sale on Ebay a little while ago. Not a common item but dont give up on your wish for 16's Try for a set of those.
TOFIC

fire bronc

Loc.
iowa
Pics

I Dont Have Any Pics Yet,my Rims Are The Extreame Alloys,17x9 With The 4.5 Back Space You Will Not Find Any 17" And Up Wheels With Any Less Backspacing Unless Somebody Is Making Some Right Now I Did Alot Of Research. Bc Broncos Sells Spacers. But When You Run Spacers,you Run The Chance Of Getting Frontend Shimmy With The Real Wide Spacers. Jason At Bc Has The Same Rims On His Bronco I Dont Know If He Runs Spacers.

todcolvin

Just put those rims on the silver Bronco. It has a 77 disc dana 44. I had to use a 1/4 inch spacer and have them use tape-on weights on the inside when they balanced them. This allowed the rims to barely clear the steering linkage.

FYI--if you use the spacers, make sure you retighten your lug nuts after a couple of miles. If you opt to use spacers on the rear check to make sure you have plenty of threads on the studs. I have rear discs and I had to put longer studs in the rear axle to make sure there were plenty of threads.

bmcqueen

Loc.
Corinth, MS
I have the 1069 xtreme alloy rims in 17x9 with 35" BFG AT's...added the duff arms and have no clearance or rubbing problems.

Attachments

• DSC01140.jpg
    DSC01140.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC01052.jpg
    DSC01052.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 71
OP
OP
trophybass

trophybass

Loc.
Plant City, Florida
bmcqueen said:
I have the 1069 xtreme alloy rims in 17x9 with 35" BFG AT's...added the duff arms and have no clearance or rubbing problems.
Those look great do you know what backspacing they have? also Are you 100% sur those are 1069's because they look just like the eagle 186's. Whatever wheels you have are what i want to get. I love that look. Thanks, Alex

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
trophybass said:
oh yeah bmcqueen are those the same ones in the before pics w/the MTR's in your gallery?

nope, these are a new tire /wheel combo. these are the xtreme wheels also.
with the offset arms it really turns well. i took the truck out for it's maiden test drive the other night and was really impressed with how it turns. was strange not to hear the lunk clunk of the tire lugs rubbing the radius arms when it's cranked hard.
hth
nick

OP
OP
trophybass

trophybass

Loc.
Plant City, Florida
Nick, what is his old wheel/tire/lift combo? Also how much lift does it have with the 17's? I'm getting closer to that point where its getting important to get what i want and at the same time shop like hell for a deal. PS, how are you guys looking for Fontana this weekend?

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
trophy, the truck has a 31/2" in set up. lift didn't change. jbg coils and leafs. old wheels where 10x15's with 35" mtr's.they where Pacer brand (made by ultra.)
ford's should be good for fontana, at least on our end. we can't control what they do with the cars, classic example is daytona. shame only 2 where competitive, they all had the same power. we're making big steam right now. we're all anxious for qualif & the race. with the new impound rule this year it will be interesting to see how it all works now.
nick

OP
OP
trophybass

trophybass

Loc.
Plant City, Florida
just 3.5"? It looks really good. Hmmmmmmm, what did you guys do with the old wheels/tires? ;D . I'm running 5.5" so the 35's will fit just right for me.Well i hope you guys do good this week and it pays off for you i know you guys stay busy in the shop and even more busy on the road but from the ring that you were showing i guess it really pays off. I wish i could understand why NASCAR insists on changing the rules so often It doesnt seem to help the fans understand anything any better but i guess it makes Nextel and the tv peaople happy and no matter what you guys are still gonna pull your little "trix" ;) . The way i figure it the guys who get caught cheating the least are the guys who win the most. I couldnt beleive all the fines the crew cheifs got for the Daytona races.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
nope, stock body bushings. rear is slightly shimmed to compensate for floor that sagged around rear body mounts.door alignment is now primo.
rear has small blocks since leafs where removed to lower spring rate and improve ride quality.
nick