• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

16x10 steel wheels need help.

z70what

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Johnson City
I've found a practically brand new set of Iroks that i want to purchase for my rig... I've got the JD 3.5" monster suspension lift, cut fenders, and 2" body lift, as well as the JD Extended Radius arms... However, these tires are for a 16" wheel... Who makes a good steel wheel (pref black) w/ the right backspacing for these and at a pretty cheap price?? All i can find are 16x10 steel wheels w/ 4" backspacing... and i don't think that will work w/ these.. and my stonecrusher steering TRO setup... what do you guys think?? Any recommendations?? Thanks..

Luke

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Yeah those wont fit with the TRO. You could run some spacers or put your drag link in a sadle on the tie rod instead of at the knuckle.

OP
OP
z70what

z70what

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Johnson City
anyone running 16" wheels on their bronco?? If so, 16x8 or 16x10 what backspacing are you running?? w/ a TRO??
Also, where can i order wheel spacers?

Luke

Last edited:

Bronco Brian

Bronco Guru
Luke I would look at pricing of NEW 16" tires verse 15" or 17" They may be only chep once or untill you need new ones. May be cheper in the long run to pony up for new tires and wheel so you can buy cheper tires all the time

'

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I got my spacers off ebay, you can get them in just about any size. I have a set of 16 x 8's I believe with 4" BS and they rub the bolt on my stonecrusher TRO setup. If I go to a saddle mount it would clear. I plan to run 18+'s on that rig so I will have clearance and run the tro as stonecrusher has it set. They do sell the saddle now though.

samjaxfl

Loc.
Neptune Beach
anyone running 16" wheels on their bronco?? If so, 16x8 or 16x10 what backspacing are you running?? w/ a TRO??
Also, where can i order wheel spacers?

Luke

I run M/T classicII #360401 which are 16X10 w/ 4 7/16 backspace and a BC Bronco f150 TRO with no issues.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
I run cheap 16X7's white spokes with 34X10.5X16's. From what little research I did there were no backspacing options on cheap steel white or black spoke wheels. I already had these anyway so I just bought a set of 4 1-1/4 spacers on e-bay for $100 or so. If you do a search for wheel spacers his store will come up. I think he will make you anything you need for the same price. They seem to be good aluminum well made and included the lug nuts. They have taken some abuse but who knows with wheel spacers. You don't know until they fail.