• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966- Cut or Uncut... Dennis Carpenter Quarters?

AndyT

Yesssssss I know there's a million of these threads here already. I just need some input. I have a 66 that I'm trying to decide if I want to get the Dennis Carpenter rear quarters that match the front fender height or go the cheaper route for the uncut look. I think I am leaning toward the DC quarters. I love the uncut look but for a 66, it just seems like there is a lot of empty space on the rears, and honestly it looks funny to me without marker lights. Can yall drop some pictures of your 66 on here so I can compare cut vs uncut? I would also really like to see a 66 with the DC quarters ;D. Thanks yall.

FNG

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Gosh my opinion is don't touch it, stock looks night and day better, the market is also asking for uncut, if you ever plan to sell.

If you plan to wheel it, then cut makes more sense, but lots of guys wheel uncut broncos. A couple of the guys are 4 linked and get tons of travel.

I think it's hard to not fall into fads with classic cars, but when the fad ends, you are left with something that isn't as appealing. Just my .02. I regret some of my decisions on my build and I did it 2 years ago:)

MikeLee66

original quarters vs new , resale value

The reply as to market for uncut quarters. My truck has uncut rear quarters, but if they were cut, and replaced with new uncut steel is the truck devalued at all? As another example my front right corner has a deep dent. I know the guys that can pull it, however is there more value to keeping the original, or if the cost to repair it is more than a replacement outer, is this ever looked at if selling at some point.

Replacement panels are not that expensive as some of the costs to repair rust. Is the new steel the same quality as the OE ?

Can't get through my budget without knowing if this as something to consider.

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The reply as to market for uncut quarters. My truck has uncut rear quarters, but if they were cut, and replaced with new uncut steel is the truck devalued at all? As another example my front right corner has a deep dent. I know the guys that can pull it, however is there more value to keeping the original, or if the cost to repair it is more than a replacement outer, is this ever looked at if selling at some point.

Replacement panels are not that expensive as some of the costs to repair rust. Is the new steel the same quality as the OE ?

Can't get through my budget without knowing if this as something to consider.

New steel isn't as nice as original (fit and shape), if you can try and source original parts or have the steel repaired.

Jamie Chriss

It is personal! I really like the look of the DC quarter panels! Great fit

Attachments

• IMG_2652.jpg
    IMG_2652.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 49

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Build it like you want it.. It can be changed later if needed

tailpipe

Contributor
I love the uncut look but for a 66, it just seems like there is a lot of empty space on the rears, and honestly it looks funny to me without marker lights.
FNG

And that's what I like about 66s, but those DC quarters are sharp too; to each his own.

Attachments

• IMG_20180214_154141247_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180214_154141247_HDR.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 34