• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 rear bench seat Fabrication

4x4steve

From my casual observation there seems to be several individuals interested in buying 1966 rear bench seats, but none to be easily found. if one is found then it is a seller's market, the final price could be very high, and only one person would win the bid, leaving the others tonrepeat the process.

For the frame, The next best option would imho would be to ask jbg if they would be willing to make a 1966 rear bronco seat production run. I asked and the answer is no.

The next best option for the frame imho is to ask who the supplier is to get in direct touch with the supplier. I asked but I was unable to get that information.

the next best option for the frame imho might be to take the jbg frame and modify it. I was able to find a welder willing to do this.

This still leaves the 1966 armrests. I imagine something could be molded using custom molds, photos or whatever for design, and materials from tap plastics.

Has anyone tried this approach? If so how did it work out? Are there problems with the approach, besides finding design specs?

Anyone with a rear 1966 bench seat already willing to part with design information sufficient to make replicas?

(Side note: I have a further departure from stock in mind in which the seat belts are fastened to tabs along the back of the frame.)

Thanks in advance for any info and interest.