• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX 1966 U13 off roader

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
City: Buffalo Gap
Price: $ 70

Time in life to sell our two Broncos. First one is a '66 complete running off roading Bronco. List of mods include from front to back as much as I can remember:
Trail bumper with front hitch insert, for front winch wired for winch with quick disconnects.
Fiberglass hood and front fenders
NEW never install pair of fiberglass fenders that match hood.
One extra door insert
Best Top tired but serviceable
Lowrance GPS
Full roll cage
New windshield
New Jeep Cherokee (modified) wiper arms and blades
Intermittent Ford wiper control
Painless wiring harness
Headlight power mod (using relays)
Dual Optima batteries with Wild Horses hold downs
Stainless Steel air damn (between grill and radiator)
150 amp alternator
Dana 44 front axle with OX selectable locker
31 spline axles
Life time warranted universal joints
Near new Dick Cepek 35" tires
Bead lock rims
5.5" lift
351 Windsor engine
Throttle body fuel injection
Front disc brakes (T=Bird calipers)
Power steering with fan controlled cooler
Power steering box is 4 x 4 x 2 box. Ported for 8" ram
DOM tubing drag & tie rods. Tie rod ends instead of Heim joints (street legal)
Duff Long Arm radius arms
Manual dual chamber master cylinder (keeps working if engine off)
Overdrive automatic transmission with better AODE 1st & 2nd gear ratios
Remote Thermostatic fan controlled transmission cooler. Mounted to inside hood on passenger side inner fender; drafts outside air through fender and exhausts heater air through custom hood
TWO transfer cases; NP 203 feeding a NP 205. Low, medium & high range (in 2 and 4 w.d.) Gives option of 12 gears forward and 3 in reverse.
TRUE HI 9" with 5.13 Detroit locker gears
35 spline big bearing rear axles
Wild Horses re-enforced rear axle housing.
Flipped Rear spring shackles from Ruff Stuff Specialty
NO body rust. Front floor pans replaced years ago. Body undercoated outside and rhino lined inside.
High back front bucket seats up front and bench seat in the rear
Metal storage box behind rear seat.
Rear bumper is a trail bumper with trailer hitch insert, tire carrier is a spindle/ rotor design that moves on bearings. 6 gauge with quick disconnects for wiring for rear mounted winch/jumper cable availability.
Body amour includes rear rap-around 3/16" plate steel protecting tail lights and top of quarter panel steel.
Don't get me wrong; it's not a perfect show quality vehicle. It's an OFF ROADER. It does GREAT off road with 10+ years at Moab, just about every trail in California, and Arizona. Lots of trails in Nevada & Utah. Why I am selling it is because a move to TEXAS has limited our use of it without a LOT of travel.
Edited; It also has rock ski with step/sliders
Price $70,000 or offer considered

Attachments

• 20200219_105434.jpg
    20200219_105434.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 20210410_095245.jpg
    20210410_095245.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
Wife doesn't want to part with the '66 right now. GREAT wife!! Mean while, do y'all think the price is/was too high? I'd be interested in opinions since there was no replies. I also have a '75 Ranger but for now I think I'll sit on it also. Replies to price would be appreciated.

don k

Contributor
I have no idea on if the asking price is too high. I realize there is a lot of time and money in what you have. But to me you have a very limited market you are trying to sell to.

OP
OP
B

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
I have no idea on if the asking price is too high. I realize there is a lot of time and money in what you have. But to me you have a very limited market you are trying to sell to.
Thanks Don, you are correct in that the Off road is a limited market. We purchased the '66 in 2001 (had it 21 years already!!!). Back then we saw what was happening on the off road trails and said "WE'LL NEVER DO THAT"!!!! Now more often than not we're leading the parade. I've seen other friends that reached my age and decided to part with their beasts. We had a truly crappy trip from Texas to (indented) Ca. While in Arizona and after a few vehicle problems we decided to reverse course and head home. After a couple more on the return we were dishearted and thought about parting with the '66, and '75. Cooler heads now prevail and I think we'll hold on to them longer, turn the '66 more into a "mall crawler". That's the direction I planned for the 75 Ranger.
Hyglhndr is right in some aspect in that a stocker (well restored) might be worth more than a built off roader (mainly because of the number of folks who would even want to start out doing where we ended up). That said a built beauty should/would IMHO bring more. I'm working on a '69 Sport mostly stock rig for son. After that, we'll see. Thanks for the replies.
One question for Hyglhnder "Do they have dirt in Delaware that isn't paved over?:) Forgive my S.A. comment

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would say if you try to sell the crawler in the future, a crawler site like Pirate 4x4 would fetch more money. I would love to have a bronco crawler but I can't justify the bronco premium on top of a built crawler price.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Thanks Don, you are correct in that the Off road is a limited market. We purchased the '66 in 2001 (had it 21 years already!!!). Back then we saw what was happening on the off road trails and said "WE'LL NEVER DO THAT"!!!! Now more often than not we're leading the parade. I've seen other friends that reached my age and decided to part with their beasts. We had a truly crappy trip from Texas to (indented) Ca. While in Arizona and after a few vehicle problems we decided to reverse course and head home. After a couple more on the return we were dishearted and thought about parting with the '66, and '75. Cooler heads now prevail and I think we'll hold on to them longer, turn the '66 more into a "mall crawler". That's the direction I planned for the 75 Ranger.
One question for Hyglhnder "Do they have dirt in Delaware that isn't paved over?:) Forgive my S.A. comment
Not much other than sand, PA still has some nice places not too far. Been studying the market for 15 years and have bought a ton...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Wife doesn't want to part with the '66 right now. GREAT wife!! Mean while, do y'all think the price is/was too high? I'd be interested in opinions since there was no replies. I also have a '75 Ranger but for now I think I'll sit on it also. Replies to price would be appreciated.

I mean at least you can keep one right I HOPE it stays w/you