• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1967 Upholstery Kit - Help Identify Seats

hummerdan

I’m looking for a set of replacement seat covers however I am having a difficult time identifying my current seats. These seats came on my 67 not sure if they are original or off of something else. I have not seat any replacement covers with the same design. Looking to recover with a set from WH, Toms or any other vendor that has replacements that will fit. TIA DF8E5FF6-564C-4611-B935-53E015C8F0D3.jpeg

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Possibly recovered stock seats but I am not 100% certain. It does have a similar shape to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Do they both driver and passenger seats fold towards the passenger side?

69_Sport

Definitely not original. Can you post pics of the sides and bottom? Maybe we can help id them.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The rear seat could be a '67, but it's been totally recovered, including the armrests. Someone more knowledgeable than me can comment on the fronts.

Todd Z.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
The rear seat could be a '67, but it's been totally recovered, including the armrests. Someone more knowledgeable than me can comment on the fronts.

Todd Z.
Todd .... Not sure what color your Bronco is but .....

ngsd

Bronco Guru
The drivers seat looks correct, take the same
pics of the passenger

ngsd

Bronco Guru
They look right, does the other side of the passenger seat have a latch? The real early ones did not and the 67- or 68 and up should I believe. I don't remember exactly when they transitioned from locking but thought it was in 67. It looks like it has the hook in the pictures but no loop on the floor?

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Yes there would be a footman loop(metal bracket) on the floor that that hooks into. So they may be later seats or the loop is missing. Someone else that knows 67's better may be able to clarify. My 67 had a bench so no help there. My 66 did not have a loop.

ngsd

Bronco Guru
They should. The way those seats were covered it looks like you will need new foam too

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I don't see how they could be anything but bronco/mustang seats but something seems off. Also, the rear bench cushion looks like a different shape than my 70 / 76. No telling what you will find hiding under there so you may want to take them apart before ordering replacement stuff.

Last edited:

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
looks like Bronco seats to me. use new 67 mustang seat foam when you pull the seat backs off the top back of the seat frame will have a plate with 4 small tapped holes in it its there so you coule add head rests to the seat the 70 series had the head rests I used Torino head rests they will still allow the passengers seat fold down for access to the back.

jamesroney

Loc.
Fremont, CA
I’m looking for a set of replacement seat covers however I am having a difficult time identifying my current seats. These seats came on my 67 not sure if they are original or off of something else. I have not seat any replacement covers with the same design. Looking to recover with a set from WH, Toms or any other vendor that has replacements that will fit. TIA

Those front seats are from a 68-77 Bronco. The passenger seat latch is looking for a footman loop style floor catch, but the 67 floorpan is not drilled to accomodate the 68+ latch.

So they are not original to your 67 Bronco. but as you can see...they fit and attach to the original holes. They are NOT Mustang seats, (although they are very close, and us similar buns and upholstery.)

You can tell the difference between 68 Mustang, and 68-77 Bronco by the location of the seat back release handle. The Bronco is about 4 inches off the floor, and the Mustang is about 12 inches off the floor. The Bronco passenger seat also has the catch lever, and there is a bracket welded to the seat pan where it sits on the floor.

As soon as you know that you have 68-77 Bronco seat frames, parts are easy to come by. You will have to decide whether to keep or delete the passenger side seat back latch if you use them in your 67. You can clone the driver's side latch, or add the footman loop, or delete both.

OP
OP
H

hummerdan

This has been super helpful. Now I can decide what seats covers I would like to proceed with