• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1968 Bronco - 302, EFI Conversion started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accordngs

Loc.
San Diego, CA
I also put this on craigslist but wanted the guys here to have a chance...

I have decided to sell my Early Bronco. This thing is in mid-project form. Meaning....you should only consider buying this car if you are ready to put some hours of wrenching in. You won't be driving it on the streets tomorrow most likely.

It is a 1968 and the body is in good condition for the most part. I only have the bikini top for it as of right now, got rid of the hardtop since its a pain to remove.

The Good:
- The Body
- The Engine - 1999 Mountaineer 302 V8 Engine with around 60k on it. GT40P heads! Most of engine is already painted flat black and looks very clean.
- Brand new Bronco Script Valve Covers
- Brand new front disc brake conversion from BC Broncos
- Brand new larger master cylinder out of later model Ford truck
- Brand new Warn front hubs
- Explorer Serpentine Setup - all parts
- Brand new Explorer radiator and Taurus Electric fan
- Brand new ignition and door locks all with 1 set of matching keys
- EFI parts - Have almost every part to do the EFI swap, with most of them already installed.
- Mustang Computer and Harness - already half way installed - need to finish up some wiring
- I have entire setup for fuel system - I have the lines, the fittings and the electric pump.
- Electric pump is not yet installed and is from newer Ford truck ----- currently on the car is a brand new Carter Fuel pump
- Will come with matching front and rear white seats - needs reupholstering (doesn't come with my awesome black leather GT seats in the pic!)
- Brand new monroe shocks
- Power steering conversion with Explorer pump and Wild Horses Gear Box and Flaming River joint
- Explorer overflow tank and windshield wiper fluid tank
- Brand new steering stabilizer
- No serious rust that seems cancerous. Most of rust is surface stuff -- inside fenders did have some rust damage but doesn't appear to be progressing

<p< The Bad:
- Needs new brake lines throughout
- Need to complete the wiring for EFI
- Needs new tires and possibly wheels
- Needs to swap out flywheel for 50oz. version used on newer 302's
- Previous owner used spray can rhino liner inside car --- stuff sucks
- Needs new tires and possibly wheels
- You have to tow it, or pull it to get it out of here since its not driving right now!
- Needs new paint, the clear coat on the paint is peeling pretty bad - Heater core needs to be rebuilt - already have it removed b/c was gonna start on it soon

This can be a great project and great truck for the right person. I have just accepted the fact that I bit off more than I can chew and want to cut my losses. My loss is your gain. I have probably over $2000 in brand new parts in this thing. If I am only going to get low ball offers I will simply start parting it out and make more off it that way. I would just rather see this thing go to someone who will finish the project since its pretty far along already. There is probably plenty of things I am forgetting so feel free to ask.

If you are seriously interested give me a call or shoot me an email. Please do not waste either or time if you are going to low ball me. Asking $2700 obo

Thanks - Dan 858.....717.......4900

Accordngs AT aol DOT com

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/2262316124.html

Attachments

• IMG_6198.jpg
    IMG_6198.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_7795.jpg
    IMG_7795.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_7796.jpg
    IMG_7796.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_7786.jpg
    IMG_7786.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_7787.jpg
    IMG_7787.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_7793.jpg
    IMG_7793.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_6835.jpg
    IMG_6835.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 236

olsonski

Loc.
Elgin
Dan If I had room I would take it! best of luck selling it, I dont think you'll need any.

OP
OP
Accordngs

Accordngs

Loc.
San Diego, CA
PM's returned.

And thanks guys. I've had a lot of interest in it and don't think it will stay on the market very long.

I also wanted to add a little more detail that came up after talking to a few guys on the phone....

RUST:
The bronco does have some surface rust, but I don't see cancer. It has some rust spots that ate through in the inner front fender (that common square in the engine bay of broncos we all know so well). The previous owner had the engine bay refinished in a nice coating that seems to have stopped it from getting any worse. You can see it in one of the pics if you look closely.

There is some rust on the inner roll pans on both sides.
I can also see some rust shining through on a few areas of the paint. Its hard to tell if it is at all serious, or due to a bad paint job. I'd really say you gotta look at it for yourself because I am far from any kind of expert.

DOOR POSTS:
I do not see any rust on the door posts. But the PO did use that wonderful spray rhino liner on the posts as well. The doors line up fine and I don't see anything to indicate it might be bad rust. But again, I am no expert.

FLOORS:
I don't see any rust on the floors on the inside due to the rhino spray. When under the car I don't see any bad rust on the floors either. UPDATE: Just had a guy over that seems to know broncos pretty well - he did say there was some rust on the floorboards at the seems and on the dash at the seams.

If anyone else asks me questions that I think is good info for everyone, I will continue to post it up here until the bronco is sold.

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accordngs

Accordngs

Loc.
San Diego, CA
you could part it out for more than $2500

I know I could. I could probably get closer to double my price if I part it out. I already added up the big ticket items and I could get likely over $2000 without adding in the shell/frame/axles etc.

But I would love to see this thing go to someone who is going to finish what I've started. 1 more EB on the road!

OP
OP
Accordngs

Accordngs

Loc.
San Diego, CA
Thanks to everyone that inquired....I probably had at least 50 calls and 20 emails in the past 48 hours....but it is now sold to a lucky guy ready to start his bronco fun (or migraines for the rest of us!)

Status
Not open for further replies.