• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1968 yard ornament. Need in person tech advice.

Jason Berger

Loc.
Tacoma, WA
Hi all,
I am new to this forum but I wish I could say I was new to our EB. I bought her for my wife on her birthday when she was 28, she is about to be 34....I think. We work on it a lot and it seems when we tackle 1 thing, Jeff and Tom get another bunch of my meager earnings on 5 other things that I find. I have had many friends come over to help at various times but it seems that they are worse at this than I am. I would really love to have someone with EB experience that has been in my shoes to stop by for a beer or soda and give me some advice on a few things. For example, I just had $6300 worth of work done at a shop for a new 302 build. Nice guys but I am a sucker. I get it back and the throttle linkage is not hooked up, they said the old one would not work. I had to order the bell crank adaptor but it does not line up right. Another item would be putting on my new windshield frame. Weld or bolt? ughh. Anyway, I am not trying to sucker some poor guy into my pain and suffering, but any advice would be great. Thanks.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Hey Jason and welcome to the site.
On the throttle linkage, unless you went from a carb to EFI it should work. On the windshield frame. the Hinge can be welded, screwed, with very flat head screws, or pop riveted. if you go the rivet route be sure to use 3/16" Stainless/Stainless, they will not rust and are incredibly strong. i know this because my whole body is held together with them, no rattles, no loose rivets.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
A 68 has the bolt on window frame hinge. You should be able to unbolt your frame.

OP
OP
J

Jason Berger

Loc.
Tacoma, WA
My frame was spot welded on. I believe it had been replaced in the past. It was a joy to drill all the spot welds out. It looked like a 52 carpet bombed it. There are holes where it was bolted to though. I was thinking drilling holes in my new frame and bolting would probably be the way to go. I am not the best welder. And thanks for the welcome Revelation.