• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CO 1970 Bronco (not mine)

ruckin69

Contributor
Looks super clean!! I have never seen the spare mounted like that. Is that original?

Last edited:

JT3357

That's a Ranch Hand or Farm Latch tire carrier latch. They were a factory piece that allowed you to run with the tailgate down.

HB73

$24,500 starting bid. It'll be interesting to see where it goes.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
It has weather stripping where I've never seen broncos have it before :) lol! Very nice looking bronco!

Scotty

I went to look at it this afternoon. It's in very good shape; the only damage is a couple of little dings and some paint transfer on the passenger side (not gouged). The owner used it only for snow plowing and for hauling supplies for his 3.5 acres. There are signs of the beginning of rust in the usual spots in the inner fenders (near firewall) and at the drivers feet by the fuel switch. Everything looks just like it should. I've never heard early bronco doors close so solidly and without rattling the mirrors or something else. There didn't appear to be any damage from pushing snow but I didn't get under it to look.

I asked the guy running the estate sale if there'd been much interest. He said, "No. They're asking too much". Well, that's his opinion and he's entitled to it. They're obviously not in a hurry to sell as it's been on and off craigslist for about the last 6 months.

Question: Is the ranch hand / farm latch the same mechanism as the tailgate-mounted latch? In the case it appeared to be.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Question: Is the ranch hand / farm latch the same mechanism as the tailgate-mounted latch? In the case it appeared to be.

it used the same long bolt and backer bracket to hold the tire on. You flip the bracket and hang the tire on the other side of the swing away carrier. a single separate bolt holds it to the fender bracket. It doesn't unlatch, the bolt must be threaded out

OP
OP
TX SS

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
I went to look at it this afternoon. It's in very good shape; the only damage is a couple of little dings and some paint transfer on the passenger side (not gouged). The owner used it only for snow plowing and for hauling supplies for his 3.5 acres. There are signs of the beginning of rust in the usual spots in the inner fenders (near firewall) and at the drivers feet by the fuel switch. Everything looks just like it should. I've never heard early bronco doors close so solidly and without rattling the mirrors or something else. There didn't appear to be any damage from pushing snow but I didn't get under it to look.

I asked the guy running the estate sale if there'd been much interest. He said, "No. They're asking too much". Well, that's his opinion and he's entitled to it. They're obviously not in a hurry to sell as it's been on and off craigslist for about the last 6 months.

I think the price is fair if the mileage is correct and the truck is solid and in decent mechanical shape. If I didn't have mine I'd be trying to buy it. The one thing that stood out to me in the pictures is the white painted surround on the gauge cluster. Original I thought they were all raw aluminum in color.

fordfan

Bronco Guru
I think the price is fair if the mileage is correct and the truck is solid and in decent mechanical shape. If I didn't have mine I'd be trying to buy it. The one thing that stood out to me in the pictures is the white painted surround on the gauge cluster. Original I thought they were all raw aluminum in color.

There were several years that the cluster was trimmed in white. I know '68-'71's were and maybe 72's . It's correct, I'm just not positive on the years it was white.

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Any guesses what color it is?

The Ford name for the color is "New Lime", which is pretty descriptive of the color; Its not yellow, its not tan, its not green, its New Lime!....one of my least liked colors on a Bronco (and I like most of them!)

fordfan

Bronco Guru
My neighbor works with the owner in Lakewood, and I have been dealing with him on this Bronco. I talked with him months before it was on CG, but because of some issues with the estate, it couldn't be sold for a little while. It is a really nice Bronco, but like most of them, it does have a few issues. (The rust showing on the right inner fender is your sign!) It seems to run OK, but 7000 miles takes it toll pushing a plow. (A few mechanical repairs are in order) It is definitely one to preserve just the way it is, but the no option '70 and the color really hurts it for me. If it was a red Sport, or a half cab, or a '67 roadster, or anything but a New Lime base '70! With this in mind, It seems to me why there is no bids to this point!

OP
OP
TX SS

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
There were several years that the cluster was trimmed in white. I know '68-'71's were and maybe 72's . It's correct, I'm just not positive on the years it was white.

Thanks for the information.

The Ford name for the color is "New Lime", which is pretty descriptive of the color; Its not yellow, its not tan, its not green, its New Lime!....one of my least liked colors on a Bronco (and I like most of them!)

I like the color. It's understated and contrasts with the white top nicely.

My neighbor works with the owner in Lakewood, and I have been dealing with him on this Bronco. I talked with him months before it was on CG, but because of some issues with the estate, it couldn't be sold for a little while. It is a really nice Bronco, but like most of them, it does have a few issues. (The rust showing on the right inner fender is your sign!) It seems to run OK, but 7000 miles takes it toll pushing a plow. (A few mechanical repairs are in order) It is definitely one to preserve just the way it is, but the no option '70 and the color really hurts it for me. If it was a red Sport, or a half cab, or a '67 roadster, or anything but a New Lime base '70! With this in mind, It seems to me why there is no bids to this point!

Hope you are able to work out a deal on it.

JT3357

The one thing that stood out to me in the pictures is the white painted surround on the gauge cluster. Original I thought they were all raw aluminum in color.
What caught my attention was the missing screw from the cluster and the appearance that at least one of the other screws has been messed with.

With this in mind, It seems to me why there is no bids to this point!
I think it doesn't have any bids because the starting bid is too high. Sellers typically do better when they have a low starting bid. And, I think base model '70s are cool! ;D

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
For that kind of money the plow should come with it. I wouldn't try to remove the plow gear for fear of damaging something either on the Bronco or the plow. I guess greed has overtaken common sense.

farzadmip

What about the second odometer? Wouldn't the cluster have come out for that? Why would they add an odometer anyway? Is it for the plow?

clarrance

Bronco Guru
What about the second odometer? Wouldn't the cluster have come out for that? Why would they add an odometer anyway? Is it for the plow?

That is a sticker on the glass. I'm guessing the owner printed out one of those old label makers for a oil change reminder.

House

Minutia Militia
I think it is a great rig, but pretty sure the bench seat is limiting it's market...