• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX 1971 Bronco LH front drum brake

don k

City: Bandera, Tx
I need the LH front drum brake assy. Backing plate, springs etc. Everything except the brake drum itself.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
YOU can just go to the local Quality parts house & get those items from them .. Unless I'm not understanding what it is you needing.
A NAPA Store or a a Good Carquest store ... Maybe an O'Rileys .. Not a Auto Zone.
... But a Napa will have or can order the parts & have them in one or 2 days.
They have the Break shoes in stock most likely.
& They can get the hardware kits .. Hold Downs & Adjustments kits .. & They can get you the New Hydraulic Cylinders.
If you need to replace your wheel bearings & seals. Those are no problems .. A35 & A45 {''I COULD have forgotten these 2 numbers"} & 4250S seal . & Kit SBK 1 or SBK 1A ..
the A kit has 4 pieces & the plain 1 kit has 3 pieces.
If you packing your wheel bearing for the 1st time .. You best take lots of pictures Due to getting part in backwards or upside down.
& You'll need a couple of special tools. A buddy that's done it a few times before is most valuable for sure. .
& I'll say If you could take one side of your brakes off before going into the parts store .. That will help them. Is your shoes 2 or 2 1/2 wide & 10'' OR 11'' DRUMS..
Someone can join in if I've gotten something wrong. I'm doing that from memory .. I was an old part man I started in 1967 & had my own store until 1995 , then was a supervisor for about 10 parts stores for another 10r12 years .. Then 10 more with Chrysler service & Then another 10 with a Freightliner dealership.

blade

Contributor
Maker of sharp things
Loc.
Santa Fe
I have a pair that are in good shape if you can't find any from the parts store. Don't remember which one is the left one, can't find any marking.

Attachments

• IMG_20230616_192105674.jpg
    IMG_20230616_192105674.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 46

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I have a pair that are in good shape if you can't find any from the parts store. Don't remember which one is the left one, can't find any marking.

The adjusting cable goes toward the back of the Bronco. So in your photo the one on the left is passenger side, the one on the right driver.

OP
OP
don k

don k

The adjusting cable goes toward the back of the Bronco. So in your photo the one on the left is passenger side, the one on the right driver.
How much shipped to me in Bandera, Tx. 78003 Thanks, Donald Koenig

OP
OP
don k

don k

How much shipped to me in Bandera ,Tx. 78003? Thanks, Donald Koenig

OP
OP
don k

don k

Give me a price for both of them shipped to me. They stole all the parts from the RH side too. Thanks, Donald

blade

Contributor
Maker of sharp things
Loc.
Santa Fe
Finally got the parts to my house to check them and they measure at 11" across the shoes. Sorry about that.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
I should have both sides complete from my '68 in my garage......Not sure what you are measuring, though??
They are above the garage door on a shelf I made years ago. I can get them down tomorrow while my wife is at work - no car in the garage then.

Let me know what/how to measure and I will do so.

If they are what you need/want, yours for the cost of shipping from Cortland, Ohio 44410.

Pops

OP
OP
don k

don k

I should have both sides complete from my '68 in my garage......Not sure what you are measuring, though??
They are above the garage door on a shelf I made years ago. I can get them down tomorrow while my wife is at work - no car in the garage then.

Let me know what/how to measure and I will do so.

If they are what you need/want, yours for the cost of shipping from Cortland, Ohio 44410.

Pops
Measure the inside of the brake drum. Should be 11". If you don't have the drums the backing plate is around 12" wide . Thanks, Donald

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
If you can somehow put an 'X' through things you don't want or at least describe them, I can rebox them along with the other side. This shit is HEAVY!!!

Attachments

• PXL_20230621_123805728.jpg
    PXL_20230621_123805728.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 26
  • PXL_20230621_123757944.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230621_123757944.MP.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 32

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
I just measured them and they are 11" also...... backing plate measures right about 12"

Will they work for you???

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
PS: I don't have either a parts washer or blast cabinet, so the parts will not be clean. I can wipe them down some before packing them up.