• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1972 Bronco front turn signal pigtail replacement.

How to remove and replace 1972 Bronco turn signal pigtail

• pull out, push in

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • soldered in place

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mikemairs

I have a new front turn signal pigtail with socket for my '72 and not sure if the old one just pulls out the housing or how it is attached to the housing.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Not clear to me on what your are asking...
Remove terminals from the socket, you need a tool.
Remove turn signal switch from the column, remove steering wheel, remove screws from switch, remove plug housing, pull harness out towards you.
Also might consider pulling a tailing wire with it, so you have a guide to pull the new switch harness back through the column.
Note position of wires in plug housing so you can reinstall.
If asking about changing the harness wires on an existing switch, you still need to pull the switch out.
Am I close?

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
What I did was seperate the wires from the boot on the back side so you can push the wires ,contacts springs and divider disk to a position I can work with ,, cut off contact terminals.clean as necessary assemble and install new contact buttons..wires need to remain correctly oriented in socket so pay attention to that,, this way there are no butt splices... there are also little repair kits at the auto parts store that have the disk,springs and wires pre terminated that you can butt splice, you may still need these kits if your springs are rusted /compressed..
The button contacts I've had for years don't rember exactly where I got them but with some time should be able to find online ,,try 1156 bulb contact buttons or something like that to search.......

then at the end to reseal the wires at the boot I just used some black RTV and pinched down till RTV cured..

the sockets are resistence welded to the bucket more or less considerd perminate.

Attachments

• WIN_20200811_21_37_04_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20200811_21_37_04_Pro.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 14