• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1972 replacement seats?

Laurie

Loc.
Skull Valley, AZ
Good afternoon. I own a '72 Bronco that my family has owned since new. We have never modified it at all, not even the fenders. The seats, if I recall from my Dad's telling, were actually produced for a Mustang. They are plumb warn out. I've tried to get them reapholstered, but those guys all recommend that I just go buy new seats, like something out of a Honda Accord... I really want to stay original, or at least remain sitting on something intended to be a Bronco seat. But I don't know where to begin. Would any of you have any recommendations? I honestly don't know anything about this sort of thing and I appreciate your expertise.

Thanks.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Hi Laurie - nice to see a person from Skull Valley on here! (I'm a Prescott kid and love to drive through Skull Valley). Where have you tried to get them re-upholstered? You can get upholstery kits from many of the Bronco vendors (see Wild Horses, Tom's Offroad, Bronco Graveyard, etc. in the banner above) and a local upholstery guy should be able to re-upholster them. I've used the Upholstery Guy in Chino Valley several times with good results (on seats other than stock Bronco seats but he should be able to handle them easily). His # is 928-636-9082 and he's on Hwy 89 right as you drive through town.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
L

Laurie

Loc.
Skull Valley, AZ
Thank you, Todd. I hadn't thought of ordering skins and having them installed locally. That is likely the best option. I'll try your guy in CV and tell him you referred me, if that's all right?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Sure! Hopefully he remembers me :). He did some seats for our Stroppe Bronco about 12 years ago and some seats for a BMW I owned about 7 years ago. Hopefully he's still in business. He's a collector of old Fords ('50s wagons) so he's good with the old Fords.

You can DM me if you have any other questions.

Todd Z.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
if you have skills and up for a challenge you can redo them yourself. there are good videos on you tube to help you on your way. make sure to buy the seat foam too. on You Tube look for mustang seat Upholstery. Bronco seats were made from mustang seats both of them are drivers side seats. so a mustang kit wont do as you would have 1 passengers side and one drivers side. So a bronco kit is what you need. You can also add headrests if you want to up the safety margin a little.

OP
OP
L

Laurie

Loc.
Skull Valley, AZ
Sure! Hopefully he remembers me :). He did some seats for our Stroppe Bronco about 12 years ago and some seats for a BMW I owned about 7 years ago. Hopefully he's still in business. He's a collector of old Fords ('50s wagons) so he's good with the old Fords.

You can DM me if you have any other questions.

Todd Z.
Dang. Hes out of business. but i'll look around. thx

OP
OP
L

Laurie

Loc.
Skull Valley, AZ
if you have skills and up for a challenge you can redo them yourself. there are good videos on you tube to help you on your way. make sure to buy the seat foam too. on You Tube look for mustang seat Upholstery. Bronco seats were made from mustang seats both of them are drivers side seats. so a mustang kit wont do as you would have 1 passengers side and one drivers side. So a bronco kit is what you need. You can also add headrests if you want to up the safety margin a little.
Thanks for the heads up on the 2 drivers seats. I guess I knew that but it wouldn't have occurred to me when ordering seats.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Dang. Hes out of business. but i'll look around. thx
Rats - that's sad to hear. I would also check with Blizzards Upholstery on Willow Creek Road by the hospital (hopefully he's still in business!). His dad did the seats in our Bronco back in the mid '80s.

Todd Z.